Looking for theme with specific functionality

Hi all,

I am looking for some recommendations on a theme(s) with a specific piece of functionality, and I am finding it very very hard to find.

Essentially - I am looking for a theme that has an inbuilt dynamic text box on the main page, so that I can put in my own custom HTML code, or just news updates, etc (an example of this is www.yoyoshop.co.uk - this uses OpenCart instead of Prestashop, but the text at the top saying 'Welcome to YoyoShop' and the bit of blurb underneath is actually in a simple text module. I can edit it from the back-end, embed videos or whatever I like into it, and I can also move it around the page (for example I can put it between the Best Sellers block and Featured Products block if I want to.

I know that there are a couple of dynamic content/text box addons that you can get from the store, however having another Prestashop site already, I have found that with prebuilt templates, a lot of them don't cater well to having additional addons installed (in fact one company whos template I currently use said it's essentially impossible to add any additional addons that alter the physical look of the template - due to how it's encoded).

As such, I thought it might be easier to try and find a template that already has one of these text boxes present on the main page, to save messing around with downloading multiple templates to test the various text box addons to find out which works.

If anyone can link/recommend to some templates that feature this, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Luke

I think your approach is wrong, you should definitely go for a module. With a little coding a HTML module can be transplanted practically everywhere. If a company sais that it's impossible to achieve something like this in their theme I would not buy anything from them, the theme must be very badly coded if they say so.

• Like 1

Hello Yoyo,

i agree with Daresh comment but if you want a template with a built-in editor in home page here you have some, last year i used this template for a shop and they are really well done, worth the price in my humble opinion:

http://www.prestacrea.com/

you edit the content from admin slider module and it's indipendent from the slider...i mean you can put on off mode the slider but the block remain there

But i would go for a simple html module and hook it where you want...cheaper way to go:-).

ciao

Fabrizio

• 2 months later...