vekia

[free] homepage "popular products" tab - PrestaShop 1.7

homepage "popular products" tab for PrestaShop 1.7

This is absolutely free PrestaShop 1.7 module that allows to create homepage tab with "popular products".

module will build tab in homepage tabs feature (details about homepage tabs feature)

homepage-popular-free.png

image below shows an example of tabs, first tab with products "popular" is a tab created with this absolutely free addon.

prestashop17-homepage-tabs.png

Download module:

homefeatured.zip

Hi Vekia,

I have a problem with the display of the delivery address in the steps to place an order in my shop , The address data does not appear complete as shown below in the photo, you can help me please, Thanx

Sans-titre-2.jpg

Edited by mariemtebai (see edit history)

Hi Vekia,

I have a problem with the display of the delivery address in the steps to place an order in my shop , The address data does not appear complete as shown below in the photo, you can help me please, Thanx

Sans-titre-2.jpg

hello,

this is topic about free homepage tabs module not about issues that you've got that are not related to this module. Instead posting not related posts, please create new topic and describe your problem there.

new version is available to download!

- added improvements related to internal server error 500 - now module does not generate it if category has not products to show

I don't want the 'popular' tab on my frontpage

how can I get rid of it please?

I use 1.6.1.3 and am reluctant to upgrade yet to newer version. in case of problems

thanks

I don't want the 'popular' tab on my frontpage

how can I get rid of it please?

I use 1.6.1.3 and am reluctant to upgrade yet to newer version. in case of problems

thanks

module here is dedicated for prestashop 1.7 and it is not related in any part to prestashop 1.6.1.3

if you dont want "popular" tab in your shop just disable / remove this module under modules > modules section (search for "homefeatured" and disable / remove this module)

Hi,

is there a way to use it with ps_featuredproducts on home page?

ps_featuredproducts to show category id ~ 1
homefeatured to show category id ~ 2

Here's a suggestion for the jQuery that you put in custom.js.  This will remove any tabs that have no data and will auto select the first one.

$(function() {
  $('#home-page-tabs li > a.nav-link').each(function(x, y) {
    var $this = $(this);

if (!$($this.attr('href')).find('div.products > article').length) {
      $this.parent().remove();
    }
  });

$('#home-page-tabs li:first > a.nav-link').click();
});

Also, the CSS for the "All Products >" link doesn't float right, and not all of the CSS classes exist in theme.css.  While I haven't figured an easy, elegant solution, this CSS will float right the "All Products >" link:

display: flex; justify-content: flex-end; padding-bottom: 1rem; padding-right: 1rem;

Mind you, this is all for the default Classic theme that is shipped with PS1.7.  I'm currently on PS1.7.2.4, upgraded from PS1.6.0.14.

On 5.2.2018 at 5:38 PM, daleykd said:

Here's a suggestion for the jQuery that you put in custom.js.  This will remove any tabs that have no data and will auto select the first one.

$(function() {
  $('#home-page-tabs li > a.nav-link').each(function(x, y) {
    var $this = $(this);

if (!$($this.attr('href')).find('div.products > article').length) {
      $this.parent().remove();
    }
  });

$('#home-page-tabs li:first > a.nav-link').click();
});

Also, the CSS for the "All Products >" link doesn't float right, and not all of the CSS classes exist in theme.css.  While I haven't figured an easy, elegant solution, this CSS will float right the "All Products >" link:

display: flex; justify-content: flex-end; padding-bottom: 1rem; padding-right: 1rem;

Mind you, this is all for the default Classic theme that is shipped with PS1.7.  I'm currently on PS1.7.2.4, upgraded from PS1.6.0.14.

Hey there, 

could i ask you for a favor please?

It seems like you know what you have to look for when there is an error. I don't :D

Could you please have a look here:
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/586112-tutorial-homepage-tabs-in-prestshop-17/#comment-2929167

i changed removed the "light" as you told here and implemented the custom js changes you suggested in the other post, but i still have the same error.

Maybe you can give me a hint where to look and what to look for..  

thank you so much!