PS 1.6 Home Slider Problems - Please Help!

Hello all,

Recently my PS 1.6 Home Slider (v1.6.0) has been acting strange. No updates have been performed on the module or changes to the website in general. However, there are two very distinct issues that are making the slider act strangely. The first issue is with the drag and drop feature in the back end for updating slider positions no longer work. Monitoring the error through my developer console kicks back the following error:

index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=2252b0f…&configure=homeslider&tab_m…:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://mydomain.com/index.php?controller=AdminM…nfigure=homeslider&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=homeslider' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://mydomain.com/modules/homeslider/ajax_homeslider.php?secure…123456789012345676890?secure_key=123456789012345676890'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

No changes have been made to the website that would have caused this error to propagate that I am aware of. I am logging in via HTTPS protocols like normal and never experienced this issue before now. Because of this I cannot update my slides as I have added a new slide that needs to be first. With that said, I have gone through and redid my slides and added my new slide first and all of the other slides 2-6 as they were before (only 1-5 position).

The second issue I am dealing with is no matter what I do, clear the cache, clear the browser cache, turn on force compile, turn off cache mode, has worked and slide 6 is always coming up as slide 1 even though in the Home Slider module back end it shows properly as 1-6. Looking at my developer options as this occurs is kicking back this bit of code each time:

<li class="homeslider-container  number6 bx-clone" style="float: left; list-style: none; position: relative; width: 1170px;">

Where as the first slide is displaying this bit of code below it:

<li class="homeslider-container  number1" style="float: left; list-style: none; position: relative; width: 1170px;">

With the proper ending to the 6 slides coding as:

<li class="homeslider-container  number1 bx-clone" style="float: left; list-style: none; position: relative; width: 1170px;">

I cannot for the life of my figure out these issues, or why the bx-clone functionality is propagating number6 first with number1 following number6 slide at the end of the sequence. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cannot figure out what the issue is. Thanks.

J Dub

Hello all,

This is the code that is being displayed no matter what I do. It is displaying the number6 slide first with the "bx-clone" portion of the code after it, and repeating at the end of slide six with number1 bx-clone. I am assuming this is to repeat the infinite loop of slides, but I have never experienced this issue prior to this evening. Thanks.

J Dub

post-449214-0-51305700-1483499709_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...