Manufacturers module MODIFICATION

joshsherm

I would like to have a select dropdown box containing a list of manufacturers (like the manufacturer block already has), but instead of the ordinary select box, I want a the manufacturers to have a dropdown meny inside the select box...so users can select a category of products by the manufacturer they hover over.... For a refereance,please view http://www.bidyell.com/ right hand side ("select a category")

Instead of categories I would like to have "browse manufacturers", and upon hovering over a particular manufacturer... it will display in the dropdown the categories they have products in

Please PM or reply if you could make this happen properly in awell built module

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok mate cheers, :) i be waiting for a great response saying :) Yes i fixed it :), ould you also be able to do it so it does it in columns so if i say have 10 in one column then it will move to the next column and have another 10 etc? if thats not to much to ask

Regards,
Aaron

Horiztonal Menu 2.6.4 the one from this Thread:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/58775/P0/third_party_modules/module_menu_horizontal_v2_dot_6_free_

as i got a few issues, and i not sure if host or anything as i have installed the menu from scratch without any modification so many times now but still not working because as options you can change via backend but not changing them :(

No I haven't used that one, but, let me ask you this...how many manufacturers do you have?
I ask because we have 381 and it looks terrible. This mcDropDown is really for hierarchical
data, such as Categories->subCategories.

Are you still sure you want to do this because I have it working.

ok, are you ready for this???

First, download the mcDropdown control from Giva, unzip these files and these files only into the directories mentioned:

/lib/jquery.bgiframe.js       -> /js/jquery directory
/lib/jquery.mcdropdown.min.js -> /js/jquery directory
/css/jquery.mcdropdown.css    -> /css directory
/images/mcdropdown/*          -> /images/mcdropdown directory

Create msdropdown.js file, place in your js folder. This is the contents:

$(document).ready(function (){
 $("#mfg").mcDropdown("#mfgmenu", {"maxRows": "10"});
});

Open header.tpl. add this code:

<link type="text/css" href="{$content_dir}css/jquery.mcdropdown.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" /> 

on the line after:

{if isset($css_files)}
 {foreach from=$css_files key=css_uri item=media}
   <link href="{$css_uri}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="{$media}" />
 {/foreach}

Note: should be placed before the {/if}

Then, place this code (it removes script tags so fix it when pasting):

< script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/jquery.mcdropdown.min.js"></ script> 
< script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/jquery.bgiframe.js"></ script> 

on the line BEFORE this line:

{if isset($js_files)}

Now, to modify the blockmanufacturers template, open
modules\blockmanufacturer\blockmanufacturer.tpl

Add this code

<input type="text" name="mfg" id="mfg" value="" />

on the line BEFORE this line:

{if $manufacturers}

Modify this line:

>
</pre>
<ul>

to look like this:

>
</pre>
<ul>

Now, you also need to give each LI a rel attribute so change this line:

getmanufacturerLink($manufacturer.id_manufacturer, $manufacturer.link_rewrite)}" title="{l s='More about' mod='blockmanufacturer'} {$manufacturer.name}">{$manufacturer.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

to look like this:

getmanufacturerLink($manufacturer.id_manufacturer, $manufacturer.link_rewrite)}" title="{l s='More about' mod='blockmanufacturer'} {$manufacturer.name}">{$manufacturer.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

And the last thing is to add this line(it removes script tags so fix it when pasting):

< script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/mcdropdown.js" ></ script>

on the line BEFORE this code:

<!-- /Block manufacturers module -->

After looking at this, I've decided to not add it to our manufacturers block due to the fact that when you select one of the manufacturers, it performs a search by manuf and then refreshes without the manufacturer being selected in the control.. I might be able to figure that part out someday???

Hi its because i disabled the manufacturers block as the styling was not good lol i wanted it like the menu i have on JBX_MENU :) which i think will be hard work :(

And this JBX_MENU i got to do it all manually as via the backend of the module it wont change the settings for some reason so i got to change via the css file which is a pain cause cant get it to look how i want

Aaron

Hi its because i disabled the manufacturers block as the styling was not good lol i wanted it like the menu i have on JBX_MENU :)

Now, what you originally asked was to add this to the manufacturers block. That is what I did and the code I showed does that. It has nothing to do with the JBX Menu and won't do anything to it.

I know that lol :), if you look at my menu i want to have a background image to the Brands drop down list and then a hover color of the text? how can this be done please i have tried just cant get it right as you can see i have background image there but it has that extra color at bottom of the power tan one :( which i dont want.

I been trying all day and havent had any luck,

Also i have published the Manufacturers block to the left column so you can see what it looks like

Regards,
Aaron