Where do I (manually) translate field titles for registration form?

Ricky Blunda

Hi

Could anyone help me locate the file for translating the field titles on the registration form (i.e. "Adress", "City" etc.).

I want to add a few words to the field "Mobile phone" so that the customer knows that it's used for carrier delivery notices.

Thanks!

P.S. I cant use the backoffice translation tool since I'm on a hosted virtual server and my server provider wont enlarge the PHP limitation on amount of data I can send.

• go to shop back office
  • go to localization > translations
  • "type of translation" select "field name translations"
  • "your language" select language that you want to modify
    oIqG38f.png

You will be redirected to page where you can manage translations of "fields". Search there for field name that you want to translate, for example "postcode". Fill out field with value, or just change field's value to other.

Screenshot for reference:
RwxypvL.png

Many thanks for the reply, but I need to find where the file is located in the folder structure. I need to edit translations "manually" cause my hosting provider has a limit on the amount of Form PHP data I can send...translations through backoffice is therefor a problem for me :\

• 8 months later...

Sorry if I reply to an old question, but I have a related problem. I have added some custom fields to the Product class via override, and Prestashop has automatically added those fields to the Product object translation section inside the "Field name translations" group. I have translated those fields, but I cannot retrieve them through templates. What is the correct syntax?

{l s="my_custom_field_name"} {* doesn't work *}
{l s="my_custom_field_name" mod="?"} {* There's no module *}

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2017 at 3:27 PM, vekia said:
  • go to shop back office
  • go to localization > translations
  • "type of translation" select "field name translations"
  • "your language" select language that you want to modify
    oIqG38f.png

You will be redirected to page where you can manage translations of "fields". Search there for field name that you want to translate, for example "postcode". Fill out field with value, or just change field's value to other.

Screenshot for reference:
RwxypvL.png

Hello,

This solution seems outdated, I'm using Presta 1.7 and I cannot find "Field name translations" in the translations page dropdown.

Can you indicate me where I can modify this now using back office, Thanks.

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:57 PM, carlosweblogica said:

Hello,

This solution seems outdated, I'm using Presta 1.7 and I cannot find "Field name translations" in the translations page dropdown.

Can you indicate me where I can modify this now using back office, Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

did you find a solution for 1.7 ?

we use 1.7.7.1 and need to translate some Address form fields 

Thanks

Michael

Just for replay:

The solution is to translate the address- and/or registration fields in the classic theme and NOT in your own theme (if you use a third party Template) !

go to:

International -> translation -> Template

choose classic theme

choose your language

now you can search the wanted address or registration field and translate it how you need it.