[SOLVED] Replace Printable Version with PDF File?

brad-w

I understand the printable version is a CSS altered version of the page and requires little to no maintenance, but due to the nature of my business, I need to be able to upload premade PDF printable versions instead. Is it possible to create a link to a PDF for each product? My understanding is that it would require a new field in the add product area of the admin control panel where you would write the link url, and the product page would automatically link it. Is there a better way to do this without editing the admin files?

Thanks,

Brad

Are you talking about the printable invoices for orders? Or the Print function in product page under the images? If the latter, are you trying to use the product information from that page/product to fill in you PDF templates? And would these templates be used so customer can download them and save or print them out?

The "add product area" is kinda throwing me off... are you talking about the product add/edit page (with the different tabs, ie info, images, combinations, etc)?

The print function in the product page is what I was talking about. I'm looking to replace the feature entirely. The PDF's are not being generated by the site at all. They have already been created and are used by the company daily. I'm simply looking for a way to link each product to it's respective PDF. The problem I ran into involved other employees adding images through the control panel. There needs to be a way for them to type in the PDF URL and then the link would be created for the product page automatically.

Is this clearer? Thanks in advance for any advice!