Problem in Product Comments module

sideways

Hello,

I have a problem with the product comments module. The form for leaving a comment is not showing correct product name. Picture is the correct product but the name of the product is wrong. If I leave a comment the comment ends up on the correct product despite the misleading name on the form, which is good. Also, the review count for any product is incorrect.

I have a gut feeling there is some sort of offset, because the review count and name seems to match the previous product within the product list, not the current if it makes any sense.

See the attached screenshot for reference.

post-880262-0-77480700-1483295624_thumb.png

I need some help tracking down the source of this problem and would be very grateful for any hints and insights!

BR

Johan

PS 1.6.1.10

Warehouse theme 3.8.2

what is the module version?

- is it standard "product comments" module or modified one for your theme purposes?

- your theme uses .tpl files for this module? (themes/warehouse/modules/productcomments) ?

Hi Vekia,

1. Yes, I am using the standard prestashop product comments module. (Version 3.6.1)

2. Yes, I have that tpl file you refer to.

post-880262-0-36364900-1483353591_thumb.jpg

Ok sorry, I misunderstood. There is indeed a product comments module in Warehouse theme - that much is true. But it is not affecting this issue as it only displays the number of reviews under the product name in product page. So it fetches data from the same DB table that is all.

So...the problem is with the standard prestashop product comments module. I have tried to figure out where it picks up the product name in the "write new comment" form but I am not that skilled so it still eludes me. The comments themselves are migrated from an opencart installation and from what I can tell it all looks correct in the PS database tables - I see no obvious problems. Further on - I believe it being a bit weird that the name of the product is wrong but the rest of the form including the target product for the review is correct.

I am not sure how to proceed so I would appreciate any hints and input.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...