Problems in categories module

landinir

Guys help!!!

I was upgrading the version of prestashop in my site and had problems so I rolled back the previous version just to found that my search module and my categories module dissapeared from right block column, I´m working with a programer but he really doesn´t know what to do. anyone can give me a hand... my boss it´s not very happy about this.

Thank all for your replies!!

Raúl

Sometimes if your modules are 3rd party modules you need to uninstall and reinstall them after you upgrade/downgrade the PS system... I would first make sure they are hooked to one of the hooks. In the BO >> Modules tab >> Positions (near the top) >> scroll down to the different hooks to verify those modules are in fact hooked to one of them (ie. left column or right column). Please note that not all modules can be hooked to all those hooks... well they can, but they won't appear so you may want to try moving them to different hooks. To move or "transplant" a module to a different or new hook, click on the "Transplant" icon near the top. Specify the module and the hook, then save.

If all is well here... simply uninstalling the module (and possibly updating to a new copy of the module) and reinstalling it usually fixes everything. You could skip the above step and try this... if the module is for the right version and a uncorrupted copy it should automatically hook.

HTH!

My theory, before anything thank you for your answer.

We checking the hooks and they are ok in the back office (their shown) but... it´s not being hooked propperly, not generating the code, my version of prestashop asks modules to be installed in .tar format, I can even hooks it to other position but no result. the site it´s www.tecnopartes.cl, if you could have a quick look you´ll see that no code it´s being created for blockcategories.

Our categories branch was contented in a accordion style categories block so maybe I can install a new one matching this criteria

Regards and thanks! =)

I haven't heard of modules having to be installed as a .tar format and wasn't aware there were different versions of PS that specifically asked for the .tar format. To be completely honest, I am not too familiar with the format, but I have used multiple modules in that compressed format. I had to extract it to get it down to the folder holding all of the module's files.

If you can access your server (FTP) you should fully extract the .tar module file down to the folder (usually titled with the modules name) and directly drag it into the modules folder of your PS folder. Then install it in the BO, under the Modules tab, find the module and click install. And the try to see if it hooked in the FO.

HTH!