prestashop 1.7 show category list in footer

esterflore1@yhoo.it

hello

PrestaShop 1.7 by default does not have this feature and if you want to display categories in footer you can use two solutions.

1) go to "improve > design" and hit "transplant" button. From list select ps_categorytree module and from position select "displayFooter".

2) you can also use module to build category blocks for prestashop 1.7. This module has option to display categories inside footer section.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thank you yet again Vekia.

Just to help other users with a little more clarity for option 1 (what I used):

1) go to "improve > design > POSITIONS" and click"transplant a module" button (TOP RIGHT OF SCREEN). From list select ps_categorytree module (I selected CATEGORY TREE LINKS ... may be my theme changing this???) and from position select "displayFooter".

• 6 months later...

Hi Swannb02 and Vekia,

I tried first solution. I just added this block to footer as described. I done this on raw fresh PS 1.7.2 installation.
It looks strange ;) New line was added to footer with full toggle menu as it is on top.  I don't know how to change layout of this categories embeded in footer.

Now the easiest, the fastest solution is to add chosen (the most important fior me) categories manually using in backoffice this function:
section Improve (PL: Ulepszenia) > menu Design (PL: Wygląd) > Link Widget
It's enough. Maybe better solution when we have too much categories and we don't want to present all of them in footer.

Regards!

• 6 months later...