prestashop 1.7 show all products in category page

esterflore1@yhoo.it

hello

this is possible but it can affect performance, especially if you have a lot of products associated with viewed category.

you can increase value under "shop parameters > product" section in back office.

there is a section "pagination". just change "products per page" value

n1ExZb7.png

• 5 months later...

Hi, regarding this topic: There was a frontend feature in 1.6 to let the customer chose how many products per page they wanted to show.... this is no longer available in 1.7 :( - Can this be somehow coded manually? I'd really be happy to have this feature back, and our customers too.....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I just re-added this feature to my 1.7 shop. It's actually not that difficult to do. Here's how I did it. I assume the default classic theme is used, so modify accordingly.

1. Open the file themes/{theme}/templates/_partials/pagination.tpl

2. There are two divs with class col-md-4 and col-md-6. In my case, I changed the first one from col-md-4 to col-md-3

3. Create a div between those two with class col-md-3 (or some other size, depending on your choice/design)

4. In that div, add a label and a select with choices. What I did, was I copied a styled select box from the theme I used and this is what I got:

<label style="float:left;margin-right: 15px" class="form-control-label hidden-sm-down sort-label">{l s='Products per page:'}</label>
<div style="float:left;" class="sort-select dropdown js-dropdown">
    <a class="custom-select select-title" rel="nofollow" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false">
        {$results_per_page}
    </a>
    <div class="dropdown-menu">
        <a rel="nofollow" href="?{$ordering}resultsPerPage=25" class="dropdown-item js-search-link">
        </a>
        <a rel="nofollow" href="?{$ordering}resultsPerPage=50" class="dropdown-item js-search-link">
        </a>
        <a rel="nofollow" href="?{$ordering}resultsPerPage=75" class="dropdown-item js-search-link">
        </a>
        <a rel="nofollow" href="?{$ordering}resultsPerPage=100" class="dropdown-item js-search-link">
        </a>
    </div>
</div>

5. You will notice {$ordering} and {$results_per_page} variables. Add this code to the top of the template to handle them:

{if !empty($smarty.get.order)}
        {capture assign='ordering'}order={$smarty.get.order}&{/capture}
    {else}
        {assign var='ordering' value=''}
    {/if}

{if !empty($smarty.get.resultsPerPage)}
        {assign var='results_per_page' value=$smarty.get.resultsPerPage}
    {else}
        {assign var='results_per_page' value=25}
    {/if}

6. Either modify (not recommended) or override classes/controller/ProductListingFrontController.php.

7. Modify the line in the getProductSearchVariables() method which looks like this:

if ($resultsPerPage <= 0 || $resultsPerPage > 36) {
    $resultsPerPage = Configuration::get('PS_PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE');
}

to this:

if ($resultsPerPage <= 0 || $resultsPerPage > 100) {
    $resultsPerPage = Configuration::get('PS_PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE');
}

The only change is the maximum number (from 36 to 100). In my case it's 100, if in your case 36 is enough, then no modification is needed.

8. That's it!

Edited by Tsynique (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...