Installation error

During installation, in the 'Install modules' bit, I get:

An error occurred during installation...
You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.
1: HTTP 200 - parsererror - Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'You are not allowed to install modules.' in

It's a 500 error unless I turn dev on, then it's 200.

During installation, in the 'Install modules' bit, I get:

An error occurred during installation...
You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.
1: HTTP 200 - parsererror - Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'You are not allowed to install modules.' in

It's a 500 error unless I turn dev on, then it's 200.

I'm surprised by the stony silence to not just my questions but others as well. Note to prestashop: if you want people to buy services/products from you, make some attempt to help them get started.  I can see by looking at the code that prestashop is quite nicely coded whereas Opencart is an absolute dogs dinner, but the initial experience from opencart is much nicer - clean install, no problems, and more helpful forums for questions.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I got the same problem and appreciate it if someone has any advice on how to resolve this issue.

1: HTTP 200 - parsererror - 
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Cannot execute request module_download to Addons' in /home/users/USER/www/src/Adapter/Addons/AddonsDataProvider.php:259 Stack trace: #0 /home/users/USER/www/src/Adapter/Addons/AddonsDataProvider.php(73): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Adapter\Addons\AddonsDataProvider->request('module_download', Array) #1 /home/users/USER/www/src/Adapter/Module/ModuleDataUpdater.php(50): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Adapter\Addons\AddonsDataProvider->downloadModule('22385') #2 /home/users/USER/www/src/Core/Addon/Module/ModuleManager.php(304): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Adapter\Module\ModuleDataUpdater->setModuleOnDiskFromAddons('welcome') #3 /home/users/USER/www/src/Core/Addon/Module/ModuleManager.php(222): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Addon\Module\ModuleManager->upgrade('welcome', 'latest', NULL) #4 /home/users/USER/www/src/PrestaShopBundle/Install/Install.php(910): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Addon\Module\ModuleManager->install('welcome') #5 /home/users/USER/www/install/contr in /home/users/USER/www/src/Adapter/Addons/AddonsDataProvider.php on line 76

PrestaShop Installation 1.7.2.4

Installation stops at 63%

Fatal error: HTTP 200, parsererror: Uncaught exception `Exception` with message `Cannot execute request module_download to Addons` ... 

Cheers,

Victoria