Fix your friendly URL's

segera

Is this a question ? Which problem are you having ? For to have friendly URL's working (indifferent of the Prestashop version). You should create (or refresh)  .htaccess file from the back-office. If you are running Prestashop on Windows server you should add manually and web.config, cause Windows does ignore .htaccess.

Than you are having a problem on your server. When Prestashop installs an automatic .htaccess is generated. If not than you should refresh this on your back-office on tab:

"configure -> shop parameters -> friendy URL's = YES -> save". This will refresh your .htaccess if it was not done during install procedure.

This is the same procedure for ALL Prestashop versions not only PS 1.7.

• Like 1

I guess you don't get it... so never mind...

it is working, but not all pages have a nice url...

because they are not defined

and they need to be manually defined in the back office after a fresh install whereas I would expect them to be defined by default for all pages that come with the initial install.

in in the admin you go to: [admin_folder]/index.php?controller=AdminMeta&addmeta

the dropdown should be empty

I guess you don't get it... As I told before, there must be a problem on your server that is not refreshing the .htaccess and writing friendly URL's. Perhaps the file has not enough writing permissions. Prestashop generates this file during install process and therefore you will see the URL's friendly. Why your added pages do not refresh the file, it's a server problem, not a Prestashop problem.

You can refresh this file manually by the way I told before.

On back-office Tab "configure -> shop parameters -> friendy URL's = YES -> save"

Rewriting problems are a server problem and not a scripting, if this script already worked before (added the samples WITH friendly URL's).

I 'm not able to follow your problem on my server environment.  ALL links, also the added after install are friendly. So it's definitely a problem with your mod_rewrite module installed on the server.

See screens attached, friendly URL's are working without any problem. I've adde ID 10 (new page) and this is showing friendly on front-office. The only bug I'm having here is to see "Preview", so button saves but does not show the preview on Chrome. This of course is a known bug.

post-741527-0-71419000-1482159385_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-38329300-1482159399_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

where does the pages in the list shown in: index.php?controller=AdminMeta come from?

I have 35 URL's being nice, however I had to add these manually myself:

• pdf-invoice
  • order-detail
  • order-return
  • attachment

So in fact I had 31 after the install

There are still these that aren't prettified: (clicking add page on top will give you a dropdown to choose)

• getfile
  • pdf-order-return
  • pdf-order-slip
  • bestsales (in listing)
  • newproducts  (in listing)
  • pricedrop  (in listing)

So after a fresh install there are 41 pages however only 31 are prettyfied and listed on that page.

When one enables the pretty urls, he gets confused about some pages being prettified and others not.

After some headbanging one realizes that he needs to add 10 more pages to the list.

So I started "Fix your friendly url's" to alert people they need to complete the list before evaluating if that feature works or not.

Prestashop 1.7. needs mode_rewrite and is working only with friendly URL's. This is a feature, not an option. Therefore when you install the version 1.7. it would check, if on your server mod_rewrite is running and adds the .htaccess accordingly.

As also for other Prestasho9p versions, these links do not appear automatically. You need to enable them on the module: LINK LIST (Link widget) but this behavior is the same also for older Prestashop versions.... For older PS versions you need to activate the links (pages) you added on the module "CMSblock". Only name of module changed.

Check the links you want to appear. See screen attached.

post-741527-0-61308900-1482167326_thumb.jpg

If you want to use a bugless Prestashop version, and for learning purposes, I suggest you begin with Prestashop version 1.6. Here you will learn the exact behavior of the software and their options and features. PS 1.7. is not appropriated for beginners with Prestashop, as it has several bugs in it. We older Prestashop affine will wait for PS 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 before we go in production. For all versions of Prestashop the zero versions are not good, although they are official....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...