[solved] where I can get a full set template for translation

Hi all,

I am just starting to test PrestaShop for few weeks and I am already convinced it is my top choice for my planned web shop in both its outlook and its programming structure. Before I found PrestaShop, I did try oscommerce/zencart/free magento/opencart, etc. But to a Taiwanese, I would say those programs are all much harder to be translated into Taiwanese (traditional chinese). Actually I had fool around with zencart for more than a month, though I have many years experience on C/C++, but I found myself still can not profile its structure effectively. Indeed, shame on me, but it also alerts me that PHP has quite a distace from C/C++ not like I thought originally.

Ok, back to the track of translation. I have tried to copy English language data as the template of TW translation (via Back office >> Tools >> Translation >> Copy), and I have did part of translation on “Front Office” and “Module”. But after the major part of job, I found my template did not cover “Terms and conditions of use”, “About us” and “Delivery” + “Legal Notice” that under the part of “Information”. I did two easy check on French and Spanish version and found that both of them do have their own translation. So I guess the Eng version did not cover the full set of modules that I need for translation, but the problem is I do not know French or Spanish, it gives me no choice to use them as my template.

So my question is where I can get a full Eng template to do the further translation?

PS, From my viewpoint, due to the culture difference and basic knowledge that required to manage a website, it is quite impossible to assign a manager that do not know Eng to manage the shopping cart of PrestaShop on Chinese or on the other language. So it is un-necessary to translate all of the moudules of PS, which is the reason why I did not touch the parts of “Back Office”, “Error Msg” and “Field Name”. Also I have done the search, the missing parts of my template are not included in those modules mentioned above.

May be some of you would also ask me why I can not use the existing TW translation that can be downloaded from PS website? There are two reasons, first, the translation is not complete; second, the translation is actually translated directly from simplfied chinese into traditional chinese, which is not good or not acceptable to a Taiwanese. Though both side of Chinese from Taiwan and China can understand each other very well, but the sales culture and the terminology of selling and shopping are quite different. Also, most part of that translation I guess was done by some auto-translation tool, which has lost the real humanity and can not be counted on to sell products.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me for the possible solution on my problem, :cheese:

Hunt Chang

Hi everyone,

I am afraid that I did not make my problem clear, so I have enclosed two pics for a reference.

Also I apologize that I said I do not know French or Spanish as I thought if I create my template from French or Spanish then I would have difficulty to read the content for my translation. Actually I have done a try this morning and the truth is I can still choose Eng as the default in my BO, so the translation is nothing to do with what the language I choose as my template.

However, the problem of mine is still there, I can not locate the spot to translate the "terms and conditions" and "about us", etc. I have export my translation to a file, unzip it then open it with Notepad and did a search, I can not find the target part from the keyword like "term" or "about".

Anyone who knows about these spots for translation, please advice,

Hunt Chang

25019_jvQK457gWrdyehEmdRHK_t

25020_lUvC1bWF6azpUoOkJpqH_t

In backoffice, go to tools/CMS and translate this section there. Translate the Title not the URL. Try this.

i’m in the progress of making a new them. I think i will be done soon, just need some help whit the finishing tuches.
What do you think of my them? if you want to help me finnish it you can serch the forum via name “bebba” ther you find all my questions. And thank’s to all the peaple wo has helpt me this far. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/58126/themes/my_new_theme.

Dear bebba,

Thank you very much for your kind help. I did find the spots of my question according to your guide, BO >> Tools >> CMS section, all of my missing parts are there.

Regarding to your theme, man, I am really sorry as in PHP and web field, I am still a novice and there are many things are still very strange to me. Again, thank you for your help.

By the way, I do not know if any of member of PrestaShop would read this forum or not? The last question of your Wiki FAQ is,

How do I edit text for “About us”, “Delivery”, “Legal notice” and “Conditions”?

and its answer is,

In the Back Office, navigate to Tools >> Translations, select Front Office translations from the drop-down list, then click the appropriate language flag. Scroll down the list to locate each section and supply your own information.

Actually this answer is wrong, I do have done the full translation of the "Front Office" part, but the part did not cover those translation sections that mentioned above.

Hunt Chang