Prestaclient: Full import including discount, cross-selling and images

Dscho

Hi,

at the moment we are developing a client for prestashop. It will be helpful for fast administration and import large lists of products. The client can import all default fields, including different languages, discount (with regular expressions), cross-selling products, images (Files or external image-url), ... and more.

Take a look to the video of our first beta-test: http://www.tmedia.de/prestaclient/

If you interested, we are looking for beta-users. (PM or mail to [email protected])

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

• Like 1

Hi,

If possible I would like to be a beta tester. The German language ain't a problem as I am Belgian so I speak French, German, Dutch and English.
Buy the way very nice product being developped by you. Congratulations.

I hope I will be given the change to test this beautiful feature for you.

Thanks in advance,
With kind regards,

Hi Dscho

Looks fantastic we would most certainly be interested in Beta testing this, just curious is this available in English.

I will pm you and drop you an email :-)

This looks slightly similar to a product we currently use and cannot live without for a one of our Zen cart sites the software is called "store manager" from magneticone but looking at your preview yours does looks better.

Thank again

Just wanted to add my thanks to Dscho, I am lucky enough to get to try the beta version of this software and I can honestly tell you this is in my opinion that it is going to be a must have addition to Prestashop.

Even in beta version it has blown us away with its friendly user interface and amazing capabilities.

Its make the management of our shop a breeze and no more time consuming going back and forth to list new products all done within one professional looking user interface and within a easy clicks you are finished.

We currently use a similar product for one of our zencart sites called store manager from mangneticone, but this blows magneticone store manager away. As you may guess I am very excited about this combined with Prestashop and if anybody has not already asked to beta test this then don’t waste anymore time.

Also if any developers from Prestashop see this then I would recommend that you get on board with Dscho’s team on this project.

Thanks again Dscho for all you help and allowing us to test this and you most certainly have a customer when this is fully released.
:-) :cheese:

I am VERY VERY sad today... I found this module and was very excited to start using it - but GoDaddy blocks outside users from accessing their MySQL servers! So, I am lost. Is there ANY way around this, short of switching hosts?

--Kevin

Hello Dscho,

I am sure PrestaClient (PC) software is one of the biggest addons that can be downloaded for Prestashop. Thank you very much.

This software will be very useful for persons like us who are not computer wizards. I am sure you will add more of english words for people who unable to understand German.

I have just downloaded and not tested well the PC s/w.

Now I have a question!

Will it be possible to Create a SQL database file locally and ftp/upload to the website's directory, correspondingly, at the end of the PC, INSTEAD of connecting/FTPing/Uploading to the webhosting server DIRECTLY?

Cheers.
HN Design

About ftp upload of sql-files:

We don't support this feature directly, because most of our customers use external database access. This makes prestaclient so easy to use. And this saves customers so much time and money. If somebody wants to edit products on a local machine, then install WAMP and copy products tables to the onlineshop. Export and import are with prestashop available soon. So it will be able to copy products from one shop to an other shop.

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

Prestaclient is multilanguage and available in german(100%), english (50%), french (50%).

Language files are in [Program Files]\prestaclient\data\localisation\...

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

Hi,

we developed a database tool to check the connection. Yu will find it in the prestaclient program directory and it is named dbcheck.exe.

Do you have the same problems with this application?

Best regards
Johannes Teitge

its showing error but actually its connect with database with presta-client...
if i use dbcheck.exe its connects and showing the database also.

and wahat about UTF-8 right now if i wright anything its showing in database like this " ???????? ????"

Hello Mr Johannes Teitge,

Thank you for the reply.

I am trying to check Presta-client in my localhost first. I am slightly facing problems with the Configurations viz., hostname, port, password etc. I run on XP. The idea is to test run a small file here in my locap PC and then do a full scale again in the local PC, then upload the whole Database file in one go, instead of keeping the connection with the host server intact.

Cheers.

HN Design

HI,

why you want to do that? We work over 5 years with a client for osCommerce. It does work like prestaclient and even very large onlineshops work without problems.

Examples: http://www.christiani.de or http://www.lichtkaufhaus.de

Scripts on our Server backup the database every night. If the import runs into an error we are able to restore.

This way was always the best for our customers.

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

hi to all prestaclient users,

we are proud to present a the new version 0.1.6.0 of prestaclient.
Now 95% of the products import is translated and many features
and data field are available to import.

You'll find an example for playing with products data including
images. The examples are in [prestaclient-dir]\examples\import.
1. import_example.xls (Excel datasheet)
2. import_example.fld (Field definition)
3. Subdir images (Images for import)

What can you import now?

table ps_product:
active
reference
supplier_reference
id_tax
ean13
quantity
on_sale
active
id_category_default
weight
price (including recalculation from gross to net and new calculation with value or %)
wholesale_price (including new calculation with value or %)
reduction_price (including new calculation with value or %)
reduction_from
reduction_to

table ps_product_lang:
description
description_short
link_rewrite
meta_description
meta_keywords
meta_title
name
availability

Image import supported for local files and url (download and direct import)
Discount supported (only regular expressions)

We created an flash video: http://www.presta-client.de/flash/import02/

Many thanks go to our translators: http://www.presta-client.de/index.php/board,19.0.html

Download: http://www.presta-client.de/downloads/pscSetup.exe

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

Hi,

then you should download the newest version.
We will insert a autoupdate function for prestaclient.
But first we want to finish all features for products import.

Best regards
Johannes Teitge

Hi,

thank you to all users writing us for beta-registration.
We will send registrations once per week because we have
so many registrations.
For questions use our forum please. (www.presta-client.de)

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards
Johannes Teitge

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Prestaclient 0.1.6.7 beta is available:

0.1.6.1.7 (2008-12-06)
- Support for Suppliers
- Import of Suppliers
- New Debugging-Tool
- Bugfix on import: available now, available later
- Bugfix: Search and extended search

http://www.presta-client.de/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Best regards
Dscho

Hello.
I'm interested like the rest. But fear that your signature means that it will never happen?. I have tried to download the program but all i get is 404?. Please is i possible to download it anywhere?

Attention!

I'm sorry to inform you that after I contacted the builders behind PrestaClient they have informed me that they stopped the development for now.
Maybe in the futere they will start again.

I've asked them if it was possible to get their source files but they have explained to me that PrestaClient is not an Open Source Project and therefore could not be made public.

• 1 month later...
Attention!

I'm sorry to inform you that after I contacted the builders behind PrestaClient they have informed me that they stopped the development for now.
Maybe in the futere they will start again.

I've asked them if it was possible to get their source files but they have explained to me that PrestaClient is not an Open Source Project and therefore could not be made public.

Bad news, i was looking forward to this.
I guess that things end up this way when people take bigger bite than their mouth are... :(

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...