Not receiving all admin order emails?

itzbilly

Hi all,

Experiencing issues with a live site where the admin order emails from Mail Alerts doesn't always come in. I'll get orders 1223, 1224, 1225, 1227, 1228, 1229. 1226 will be an active order but won't come in. The shipping department depends on these emails to properly pack the items and ship out. 

Info on site:

PrestaShop version: 1.6.0.9

Current theme in use: default-bootstrap

Mail method: You are using your own SMTP parameters.

SMTP user: Defined

SMTP password: Defined

Encryption: off

SMTP port: 25

Server information: Linux #6 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:00:54 EEST 2016 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.6.28

Memory limit: 768M

Max execution time: 120

There doesn't seem to be any issues in the error log so I'm not sure where to start. I'm using SMTP with an email that has the same domain as the server. Any and all email address fields on back office are set to the same email address that get the order emails. Anybody experience something similar? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Hi

I have the same issue, also I've noted that not all customers are getting order_conf emails, which is a huge issue.

I'm using SMTP, and 95% of all e-mails are being sent without any issues, but I can't figure out why some are missing.

There are no error logs, that could indicate any issue?

Did you ever get your problem solved?

Pete

I would guess there are problems with connecting to the SMTP server. It can be some sort of DNS or network issues or the remote server might not respond in time.

The webservers error log should show more information. Search with date / timestamps in the region where the missing confirmations should have sent.

Due to frequently occuring issues with SMTP I recommend always to use PHP mail if possible. This way you can avoid any kind of communication or timeout issues between your webserver and the SMTP host.