HTTP ERROR 500 By Install Prestashop 1.7 and also by 1.6

Yesterday and today tried to install prestashop 1.7 and also 1.6 version. Both version give HTTP ERROR 500

Read the forum but no solution there

First i have uploaded the 2 files, checked PHP version on host

Later i have uploaded already unzipped files also no luck

upload the index.php,then i got screen off prestashop also with errors.

Not a lot of people will be install Prestashop I think at the moment

Anybody solution ??

When i do the same in version 1,7 then this is the message:

Fatal error: Class 'Symfony\Component\Translation\Translator' not found in /home/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/src/PrestaShopBundle/Translation/TranslatorComponent.php on line 33

Yesterday and today tried to install prestashop 1.7 and also 1.6 version. Both version give HTTP ERROR 500

Read the forum but no solution there

First i have uploaded the 2 files, checked PHP version on host

Later i have uploaded already unzipped files also no luck

upload the index.php,then i got screen off prestashop also with errors.

Not a lot of people will be install Prestashop I think at the moment

Anybody solution ??

in l.6 version,you can  chek your file ' cache/class_index.php' on your server.

this file maybe not correct,

I do have a similar problem. I get Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/u988441899/public_html/index.php on line 2

after uploading files to my hosting server.

this is a different problem, check your php config file  php.ini .

Defines.inc.PHP file changed to define('PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

gives another error:

Fatal error: Class 'Symfony\Component\Translation\Translator' not found in /home/vhosts/websitename.nl/httpdocs/src/PrestaShopBundle/Translation/TranslatorComponent.php on line 33

• 2 weeks later...

I have these errors installing:

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_index.phpeeDqef,/app/cache/dev/class_index.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_stub.phpJ4923Q,/app/cache/dev/class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Warning: rename(/tmp/namespaced_class_stub.phpem7GTs,/app/cache/dev/namespaced_class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException' with message 'Failed to create "/app/cache/dev": mkdir(): Permission denied.' in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php(548): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->mkdir('/var/www/vhosts...') #1 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Config/ResourceCheckerConfigCache.php(114): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->dumpFile('/var/www/vhosts...', '<?php\n\nuse Symf...', NULL) #2 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Translation/Translator.php(369): Symfony\Component\Config\ResourceCheckerConfigCache->write('<?php\n\nuse Symf...', Array) #3 /vendor/symfony/symfon in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 100
Edited by metal1616 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem...

deleted 1.6 PrestaShop

fresh installation of PrestaShop 1.7.0.4.

trying to log into backoffice and get the 500 error appeared

deleted 1.7.0.4. and installed 1.6 again - worked without problem

installed 1.7.0.4 again - http error 500

then we changed php version to 5.5 (from 5.4) and the installation of 1.7.0.4....WORKS!!!

hope this helps to someone.

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right contribution to your problem.

I have helped to load the .Zip file with the index.php on the server.

Then I run the index.php file from the server in the webbrowser and thus the .zip file unpacked.

The installation has started automatically.

The instalation was not started when I loaded the unzipped files with file zilla on the server.

Greetings Kai

• Like 1

I have these errors installing:

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_index.phpeeDqef,/app/cache/dev/class_index.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Warning: rename(/tmp/class_stub.phpJ4923Q,/app/cache/dev/class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Warning: rename(/tmp/namespaced_class_stub.phpem7GTs,/app/cache/dev/namespaced_class_stub.php): No such file or directory in /classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 254

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException' with message 'Failed to create "/app/cache/dev": mkdir(): Permission denied.' in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php(548): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->mkdir('/var/www/vhosts...') #1 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Config/ResourceCheckerConfigCache.php(114): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->dumpFile('/var/www/vhosts...', '<?php\n\nuse Symf...', NULL) #2 /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Translation/Translator.php(369): Symfony\Component\Config\ResourceCheckerConfigCache->write('<?php\n\nuse Symf...', Array) #3 /vendor/symfony/symfon in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 100

These seems a permission problem.

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I haven't solved this issue but I found another way to install Prestashop 1.7 on VPS or local machine.

My host provider provide softaculous and I did the installation using it.

The shop works well.

Now I get the files using FTP and copy them on my VPS, make some modifications in the SQL data and it works.

• 5 months later...

Go to main page of cPanel and go to security section. Click on Mod Security, When the box opens turn off mod security. Make your changes and save translations. Go back to cPanel and turn mod security back on. I am running 1.6.11, 1.6.14 and 1.6.17, and this fix works on all 3 versions of Prestashop.