[SOLVED] Left column missing only in certain categories

rafamerida

We are working in a shop in which have configured the left column to show in all category-listing pages... Have checked it inside "Preferences -> Themes --> Settings --> Advanced"... the option "category" is set to "true" for "left-column".

Then, there are at least 2 categories in which that left column disappears... Not talking about an empty column, the entire column isn't in the output HTML. I inspected the HTML to see if could be a problem with CSS, but in these 2 categories, the entire column code disappeared.

In the rest of categories, the column displays fine...

Have checked the options inside this category and compared to other categories, but nothing strange, same options, same groups... it's all identical.

The theme that I'm using is the "default-bootstrap" of PS 1.6.  The modules hooked in that left column are "faceted navigation block" and "category list block".

In the section "Modules and positions", I haven't any exception written. Just in case, these blocks wouldn't appear in any category, not just in a few categories...

Trying to find out more, I created an empty new category, with another name, and associated the products to that new category... and also had the same problem: the missing left column.

Please any can provide some help? Thank you.

Edited by rafamerida (see edit history)

Seems like there are no entries (or not enough) for the left category. Try to add some other content to the left column, that is always shown!

Okey thank you Rictools, it worked, just added some static content to the left column, it will always be displayed...

Also, added some products to that category (>12 products), but the filters of "layered navigation" and the "category block" are not showing.

In some other places we have sub-categories with only 3 products that DOES DISPLAY the filters, for example http://tuapoteka.com/911-alta-cosmetica

Could be a bug in Prestashop? My version is 1.6.1.4

[sOLVED]

Yeah rictools that made the trick... The last new categories that we made didn't were included in the settings....

Didn't notice that we need to check this everytime we add more categories to the shop.

Thank you very much for your help, can anybody rename this subject to "solved"?

Edited by rafamerida (see edit history)