Upgrade to 1.3 with already upgraded database

I attempted an upgrade to 1.3 previously but had problems with a particular module so rolled back to 1.25.

However, I forgot to revert the database back. We have had orders since then.

Now when I try to upgrade I get sql errors on the install where it's trying to modify already modified tables and the site fails to work correctly.

Is there a way around this other than resorting to my now out of date 1.25 DB backup?

No, you must restore your out-of-date PrestaShop v1.2.5 database before you can attempt to upgrade again. Make sure that there aren't any duplicate rows in your database tables, since it is known to prevent the upgrade from succeeding.

Hopefully someone will come up with a way of upgrading using the modified database. I too did attempt the upgrade but now back to 1.2.5. The only db backup I could rely to attempt the upgrade again is too old and now nearly 2 weeks using the modified version with 1.2.5. I did attempt to import customers & orders but with no success.

Would love to upgrade but with problems during the update I am left with a partially modified database and the only old DB is too old. Is there a way of converting the DB back to 1.2.5 so I can upgrade again or a way that an upgrade can accept the DB without errors. If not I will be in 1.2.5 land for ever.