How to hide firstname and city field?

smiledog

Hello, I am not very familiar with coding, it's just I am going to use my Prestashop site mainly for customers in Taiwan, and we normally use just one field for customer name instead of firstname and lastname 2 separate fields, the same problem with address format, I only need one line of address field, don't need the field city.

Just wondering can anyone tell me how to hide fristname field of customer name and city field of address completely, thank you so much.

you are talknig about something more complexe that is looks. There's validation to take in account here.

Firstname and lastname are required* in customer entity, they need to be filled. So is city in address. If you don't have a lot of coding / programmation skills, it could turn really wrong. Validation is not something to take lightly.

Here's a quick way to hid them : Put them in input type="hidden" instead of type="text". The "value" will need to be set to a stub value to work (Something clear). you will need to change every TPL that has "Lastname" in it...Which is a lot (blackcart, addresses, order, order pdf, etc...)

I repeat, this is not an easy task. Be sure to thoroughly test the application after.

Martin.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...