Blockcart condition 'Shipping to be determined' when not logged in

Hi,

I'll start a new thread on this subject given I can't find an answer in other threads.

Could someone with coding experience help to tell me what the below code from blockcart.tpl is doing.

<div class="layer_cart_row">
					<strong class="dark{if $shipping_cost_float == 0 && (!$cart_qties || $cart->isVirtualCart() || !isset($cart->id_address_delivery) || !$cart->id_address_delivery)} unvisible{/if}">
						{l s='Total shipping' mod='blockcart'} {if $use_taxes && $display_tax_label && $show_tax}{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='(tax excl.)' mod='blockcart'}{else}{l s='(tax incl.)' mod='blockcart'}{/if}{/if}
					</strong>
					<span class="ajax_cart_shipping_cost{if $shipping_cost_float == 0 && (!$cart_qties || $cart->isVirtualCart() || !isset($cart->id_address_delivery) || !$cart->id_address_delivery)} unvisible{/if}">
						{if $shipping_cost_float == 0}
							 {if (!isset($cart->id_address_delivery) || !$cart->id_address_delivery)}{l s='To be determined' mod='blockcart'}{else}{l s='Free shipping!' mod='blockcart'}{/if}
						{else}
							{$shipping_cost}
						{/if}
					</span>
				</div>

What I would like to achieve is that when a customer adds a product to the cart but is not logged in, the blockcart summary displays 'Shipping     To be determined' instead of the shipping price based on default country.

I can see reference is made to this in the above code but I don't really understand how it's achieved.

Appreciated.