Any Advice? Feedback please..

Jen C

Hey everyone :)  I know my shop is still new, though I'm finally live after a VERY long time getting things officially set up, but I've not had any real conversions. 

I've been using Etsy, facebook, twitter and word of mouth to advertise my site. (still learning the ins and outs of using social media to promote, and I'm getting better) I've had what I would consider decent site views, 564 unique visitors this month alone so far, but none have registered, signed up for newsletter, or converted to a sale. 

I know I need more products (they're in the works), and I'd like to find a way to change the word "Home" on the link bar to say "menu" to aid in mobile browsing. 

Can you give any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jen

EDITED.. I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes.. I completely forgot the link to my store..  I'm so sorry!

http://www.c4gifts.com/

Edited by Jen C (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the hard critic: For me the site is a work of a hobby designer. Too overloaded with the big letters on whole page. The boxes not same height, very difficult to read, cause they are killed by other text on your page.

The first impression was: what is this site ? A blog or something else you can read, but not a page which is selling products, because they are in background. If you want to sell, you need to put YOUR PRODUCTS in foreground. For me clean designs without chichi are better for sales.

Static content is better than moving one, although one moving element on a page, like a slider is a pretty to have, but not really a mus to have. It's a distracting thing from real content and be used only for to enhance something.

Great looking site, you must be really pleased.

I find the text at the bottom in blue on a grey background and in italics really quite hard to read, that I didn't bother to finish it.

Thank you! That should be easily fixable. When I read your reply from my phone I wasn't sure what you were talking about as I don't see that issue in the mobile version, but as soon as I loaded it up on desktop I found exactly what you were seeing. Thanks!

Sorry for the hard critic: For me the site is a work of a hobby designer. Too overloaded with the big letters on whole page. The boxes not same height, very difficult to read, cause they are killed by other text on your page.

The first impression was: what is this site ? A blog or something else you can read, but not a page which is selling products, because they are in background. If you want to sell, you need to put YOUR PRODUCTS in foreground. For me clean designs without chichi are better for sales.

Static content is better than moving one, although one moving element on a page, like a slider is a pretty to have, but not really a mus to have. It's a distracting thing from real content and be used only for to enhance something.

Don't be sorry, this is what I need to hear :)  No worries!    I found it very challenging to find content to fit in all of those blocks that came with the layout. I used presta-theme-maker to do the theme, but I didn't see a way to change positions of stuff on the page. There are some layout changes, and I like the ability to change it with colors and stuff.  

When I tried eliminating the 2 boxes up near the slider, the slider got way to huge for my comfort. And the boxes at the bottom seem to all fit so nicely with each other (size wise) that it seems if I eliminate one, I need to eliminate them all. Is this the case? 

Which boxes do you see as not the same height? When I made the images for in the boxes, I used the exact dimensions listed in the already present default images to get a size. Maybe it's a difference on screen resolutions? (also a very handy piece of information to know and consider when designing) My resolution is 1280x1024. 

If I would like to keep just one area to make announcements or to showcase items, what is the best approach for that? And do you suggest that instead of the default "popular items", "new Items" etc that seems to show, that I try to find a way to make perhaps a single teaser row of each category, to show up on the main page instead? (for example, if I had 7 categories, I'd have 7 rows of like 5 or six products)

Thank you for your time and help!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I like your store design. "Contact Us" and "Sign In" font size is small as compare to "Home" "About Us" menu items.

We can have "Whats New " after "Home" menu item, this will helps customer to easily navigate new products.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)