Bulk Products and Images Import

Hi Guys

I have few questions about importing products csv file with images.

1. where to upload images of the products?
2. can i upload images then use the [Regenerate thumbnails] option? or should i upload all versions of the same image?
3. how i write the image url path? should i include full path? or just a file name?
4. Can I update product information using [csv import]? such as changing prices etc...?

Thanks

Here are a few pointers you want to keep in mind:

1) Import products only first using the BO/Tools/Import function
2) I recommend uploading a few products first to ensure they import accurately
3) After importing all your products next import images
4) While importing images, you will need to FTP transfer the CSV file directly into the admin/import, as using the BO/Toos/Import the CSV does not transfer image urls
5) While importing images, import 50 - 70 at a time as your server may time out if you do more.
6) When i was importing, i uploaded all my images to the upload folder and pointed the image urls there.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for that Phantomeye, very useful.

So I should first import some products which would be a CSV in the same format as the one above except minus the image information, then go and import a new CSV file that includes additional image information and do this by uploading all of the images to the upload folder and the CSV to the import folder.

Will give this a go today!

Hi James,
In the sample file i put the header row as the first column, to make it easier to read and visualize. You need to convert your First column to first row. In excel if you copy the first column data, use paste special and transpose to move columns to rows. Also make sure if you are using the header row, you skip 1 line (image 2)

Will upload the sample file again in the proper format in a few.
Cheers

Hi James,
I believe you need to change the field seperator to , (comma). Here are 2 screenshots to help you. Your CSV file looks okay. Also delete the image1 you just put up as we can see the filepath to your site in the csv file (its not secure to display it)

1) First off, in the import section, make sure you're screen looks like screen 1. To achieve this, first select what you are going to import, in your case products. Next change the field seperator to , (comma) since you are using a csv file. Click next.

2) In the next screen, you need to drop down the headers and align it to the headers in your csv file. Check image 2. Make sure you put skip 1 row because you are using a header row.

3) Keep clicking the next arrows and aligning all the way to the image url. Once done, then click import and you should be good to go.

26847_uDXaqbCRZlnRYgdXCLNM_t

26848_ctIIsyZONG2nOCQJZfSk_t

Thanks for that Phantomeye,

I'm finally getting it. Managed to import the three products but only the first (front) image of each one has managed to import the second image for each product is giving this warning:

"Error copying image: http://www.....com/upload/RCDS001-B.jpg"

Could this be something to do with the way the image field is formatted? Seems like it's only reading the first image and ignoring the one after the comma?

Will test.

Also any advice on importing combinations? How do they link up with the products already imported - through the ID matching up?

Product ID*
Options (Group:Value)*
Reference
Supplier reference
EAN13
Wholesale price
Price
Ecotax
Quantity
Weight

Hi James,
Which version of prestashop are you using? For combinations im not sure if there a solution right now. All you can do is import attribute groups and attributes but cannot assign them to individual products. (but i maybe wrong)

Im going to try importing multiple images and a combination, will get back to you with my results.

Hi James, i apologize for disappearing, had to take care of some work. And you are spot on about the comma, i tried the combinations and was not thrilled with the results. Will keep working on it, until i can figure it out really well.

Trust your sites import is complete and you are coming along nice and smooth.

No worries at all phantomeye, hope you got through your work.

Seem to be able to import products without problem now although I did run in to some old temp image issues but managed to resolve them with the help of this thread:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/63014/configuring___using_prestashop/guide_import_csv_files__the_ultimate_guide_for_importing__part_2__products_and_combinations/

Haven't tackled the combinations yet. At the moment I'm trying to figure out how the features import works if you've multiple features?!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi i am facing some problem while uploading bulk products using csv file. As you know, values for different columns must be end with a semicolon i.e ; and multiple values in one column are separated with a comma i.e , Now the problem i'm facing is that when i use comma to separate multiple values in one column (eg red,blue,white;), and then upload that csv file in presatshop, all values comes in one column. And i'm unable to proceed.

I'm attaching image of this problem.

Please help me to solve this problem. Please tell me how to solve and why it is not taking commas.

2nd Query: i also want to use any other special character to seprate values instead of comma. Is this possible ? if yes tell me how.

please share a working CSV format .

Thankspost-910888-0-29293400-1423558865_thumb.jpgpost-910888-0-12131600-1423558849_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

Hi

Does your product having combinations also or just product details in one description filed? [as i have not done with the product options/ combination]

I have a bulk import solution which  directly insert into prestashop through sql queries , so you .xls file [or any formated data] acan be read and inserted into prestashop DB

its a paid service, if interested please let me know, thank you 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to Prestashop and I am using Prestashop Cloud.

I have read most of the comments above. However, I still can't find a way to figure out where I should upload my images to.

On FTP client there is no folder called 'Import'. I managed to create a new one, but still not working.

I've tried to download & install it in my PC, but still there's no way to get them imported. It should be like http://localhost/prestashop/adminxxxx/import, right?

It's really frustrating, since there are 2000 items is waiting to be uploaded. I can't move on before the basics resolved.

I also found out that there's a note on import page that says "You can also upload your file via FTP to the following directory: /homez.106/pca8716486/www//import/ ."
I don't understand what it is and how to access it. I tried to access it using FTP Client but can't find it.

PLEASE HELP.
I hope my post is still relevant.

Thanks.

Edited by ryan.paschal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

In csv import of products 1.6.0.9 (csv file - images from Amazon AWS S3) - images copied to the Server hosting folder of Prestashop?

I have a problem all product images bigger side is 500px - uploaded csv/aws-amazon-s3 - well, now have for all 700px image , how replace and view larger appear the 700px????

• 11 months later...

Hi,

How to import the product with images..when i import product with images using csv file i get the following error.

• Property Product->on_sale is not valid

How can i fix this problem...please could u justify