Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:19 AM
I have few questions about importing products csv file with images.
1. where to upload images of the products?
2. can i upload images then use the [Regenerate thumbnails] option? or should i upload all versions of the same image?
3. how i write the image url path? should i include full path? or just a file name?
4. Can I update product information using [csv import]? such as changing prices etc...?
Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:14 PM
2. You should upload images somewhere before you do csv import.
3. Url path to img is actually link to image, not just filename.
3. Yes, you can.
Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:34 PM
1) Import products only first using the BO/Tools/Import function
2) I recommend uploading a few products first to ensure they import accurately
3) After importing all your products next import images
4) While importing images, you will need to FTP transfer the CSV file directly into the admin/import, as using the BO/Toos/Import the CSV does not transfer image urls
5) While importing images, import 50 - 70 at a time as your server may time out if you do more.
6) When i was importing, i uploaded all my images to the upload folder and pointed the image urls there.
Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:49 AM
So I should first import some products which would be a CSV in the same format as the one above except minus the image information, then go and import a new CSV file that includes additional image information and do this by uploading all of the images to the upload folder and the CSV to the import folder.
Will give this a go today!
Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:22 PM
Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:20 AM
See my attached screen shots, am I missing something simple?!
Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:35 AM
In the sample file i put the header row as the first column, to make it easier to read and visualize. You need to convert your First column to first row. In excel if you copy the first column data, use paste special and transpose to move columns to rows. Also make sure if you are using the header row, you skip 1 line (image 2)
Will upload the sample file again in the proper format in a few.
Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:39 AM
Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:14 AM
Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:19 PM
Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:58 PM
I believe you need to change the field seperator to , (comma). Here are 2 screenshots to help you. Your CSV file looks okay. Also delete the image1 you just put up as we can see the filepath to your site in the csv file (its not secure to display it)
1) First off, in the import section, make sure you're screen looks like screen 1. To achieve this, first select what you are going to import, in your case products. Next change the field seperator to , (comma) since you are using a csv file. Click next.
2) In the next screen, you need to drop down the headers and align it to the headers in your csv file. Check image 2. Make sure you put skip 1 row because you are using a header row.
3) Keep clicking the next arrows and aligning all the way to the image url. Once done, then click import and you should be good to go.
Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:13 AM
I'm finally getting it. Managed to import the three products but only the first (front) image of each one has managed to import the second image for each product is giving this warning:
"Error copying image: http://www.....com/u...d/RCDS001-B.jpg"
Could this be something to do with the way the image field is formatted? Seems like it's only reading the first image and ignoring the one after the comma?
Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:25 AM
Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:19 PM
Which version of prestashop are you using? For combinations im not sure if there a solution right now. All you can do is import attribute groups and attributes but cannot assign them to individual products. (but i maybe wrong)
Im going to try importing multiple images and a combination, will get back to you with my results.
Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:13 PM
Using Ver 1.3.1
Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 AM
Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:13 AM
Trust your sites import is complete and you are coming along nice and smooth.
Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:55 PM
Seem to be able to import products without problem now although I did run in to some old temp image issues but managed to resolve them with the help of this thread:
Haven't tackled the combinations yet. At the moment I'm trying to figure out how the features import works if you've multiple features?!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users