Merge product feature, is that possible?

Hi, I have a website where the person assigned to the loading of products had create 839(yes 839!!!) features and I really need to solve because loading product page in back office is VERY VERY SLOOOW. She had created 32 feature called "Weight", 29 called "Measures" and so on...

As you know, is not possible to solve manually and migrate ALL values to just one correct feature, is it possible to merge, for example, all 32 "Weight" in just one "Weight"?

Yes, I know that this is a really hard thing.

Thank you...

Hello,

It is possible HOWEVER you will have to change it in your MYSQL tables, editing the ID of the features (of each product) matching the correct feature you want to use.

After this you can remove the duplicate features.

In MYSQL if you go to ps_feature_product you will be able to find the id_feature fields, Change the feature_id to the correct id you want it to be.

After having this done you will be able to remove the duplicated values without losing your data already inputted.

Kind regards,

Jaimy

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

This is kinda easy if we wan't to swap if You want to delete a group of feature and assign them to different one. It can be done like this where ids 73,74 that will be moved to 38 

UPDATE `ps_feature_product` SET `id_feature` = 38 WHERE `ps_feature_product`.`id_feature` IN(73,74)

But does anyone knows how to remove features_values duplicates that was created by typing them multiple times into multiple products? :)