Outsourcing Live Chat

FlowMVMT

I know these services exist but I have no idea how this would work -- a third-party can't speak effectively about my products so I feel like we'd lose sales, they can't answer questions about current orders, they wouldn't be authorized to do returns. Basically I can't see how a third-party could do more then talk vaguely about stuff and as a consumer when I have questions and the person I speak to can't answer them I lose interest. If the choice was between a chat where the person representing my business could only speak vaguely or no chat -- I rather have no chat.

I know these services exist but I have no idea how this would work -- a third-party can't speak effectively about my products so I feel like we'd lose sales, they can't answer questions about current orders, they wouldn't be authorized to do returns. Basically I can't see how a third-party could do more then talk vaguely about stuff and as a consumer when I have questions and the person I speak to can't answer them I lose interest. If the choice was between a chat where the person representing my business could only speak vaguely or no chat -- I rather have no chat.

99% of my live chat is "will this fit?" (size charts are available) and "where is my order?" (can give them access to see order information).  Every major utility service uses overseas live chat agents and they have no issue completing tasks so I have no doubt they could handle general product questions and order updates.