[Solved] Error: "install" directory is missing

Diana Hansen

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this subject but here it is.

My website is www.ecofreshblooms.com. Last Friday, my website was working correctly. Saturday morning I was going to log into my BO and the only thing I got on screen was "Error: "install" directory is missing". I looked for my website and I got the same message! Today, it's still the same situation.  

The only thing I have changed that I can imagine could cause a problem is on Friday I logged into Cpanel and on Installatron I changed the option "Automatic Backup" from "Do not automatically maintain backups" to "1 weekly". 

I can see, the system has stored 2 backups (there were 0 backups before I made the change). 

Please help. I'm desperate.

Best regards,

Diana

Edited by Diana EFB (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

For those of you experiencing this same problem. I talked to my hosting company and the Tier 3 support department solved my problem. 

It seems that, somehow, a settings file disappeared from the config folder. The file was restored and whitelisted by the support department and my website was back online. 

So check with your hosting company if you experience the same horrible situation. 

Good Luck.