Multiple store fulfillment

Shane P

Hello

I am a newbie here.

I am working on developing a module which decides based on the pin code and the availability of the product the fulfillment center. I am confused on the implementation of the hook.

There is a confusion in completion of the order when the hook should be called. I would like to use the hook "ActionOrderStatusPostUpdate" since hook "ActionPaymentConfirmation" will require the payment to be received and there is a mode to "pay on delivery" in which the payment is not received. Also where are the statuses defined?

Can you help me out on this please.

Thank you.

Hi Shane,

I am working on the same subject - but outside of Prestashop php. Sorry I cannot answer your questions. I am developing a C# application for order management. As far as fulfillment is concerned I wonder how you will integrate this function. Did you add a new table for the fulfillment provider? How do you manage the returns?

regards

Wolfgang

Hello Wolfgang

I have currently created a table which will map the stores to the postal codes. This will redirect the orders coming from the specific postal code to the mapped store. The next step is to check the availability and the redirect that order to the store.

Have not dealt with returns just yet.

Still open to suggestions on how to get about the order placing.

Regards

Shane

Hi Shane,

I guess your mapped store is your store and not a fulfillment provider? We are shipping international and the products do not return, they are landing at a fulfillment provider. But actually it doesn't matter since we are talking about two inventories - one at the original stock and packing location and a second after return at the fulfillment provider.

The order management needs to support a FIFO queuing system for order placements. Means the fulfillment provider will get orders first if product is available in his stock. Prestashop knows warehouses only - so we have to add a fulfillment provider as warehouse and add products into the stock for this warehouse after arrival.

I am afraid that the web solution is to slow for me - therefore I will do most in C# as a desktop application, talking to Prestashop via web service.

Do you have a solution outline yet?

• 2 weeks later...