How to tie billing address with payment method?

Hi, couldn't find similar topic or problem anywhere.

My problem is, that if shipping and billing addresses are different, the one connected with payment method is a shipping address, which makes no sense.

I want to use bank transfer only in my country. Many people live abroad now or have friends there, but still, have their bank accounts in origin country and it's the easiest and most popular payment method.

Is there any way to connect billing/invoice address with payment methods (all of them)?

perhaps it is an issue with the payment module you are using?  Where exactly are you seeing the 'the one connected with payment method is a shipping address'?

I'm using standard Prestashop bank wire module. When I set my addresses in my account or during a checkout process and one is domestic and the second is not, I can see bank wire only if the shipping address is domestic. I see it while making an order.

• 3 years later...

Have you found a trick to retrieve the billing address ?

I tried the following but I still get the shipping address :

public function hookPaymentReturn($params)
    {
        if (!$this->active)
            return;

$state = $params['objOrder']->getCurrentState();

if (in_array($state, array(Configuration::get('PS_OS_BANKWIRE'), Configuration::get('PS_OS_OUTOFSTOCK'), Configuration::get('PS_OS_OUTOFSTOCK_UNPAID'))))
        {
            $billing_address = new Address($this->context->cart->id_address_invoice);

Any idea could really help me.