[Solved]Removing/editing Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™

Major Bob

I would like to edit the link at the bottom of the footer (© 2016 - Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™).

As much as I like to give credit to PrestaShop, it doesn't look as professional as if I put my own company information in this space. I have edited it in previous versions but can't find the correct file or translation in the back office. Can anyone tell me the correct way to change it?

Edited by Major Bob (see edit history)

go to ==> modules ==> search cms block, there you can edit/remove it

I'm facing the same problem. Version 1.7.0.1 doesn't have cms block module. 

It is not possible to remove the word "Prestashop" via backend. You can only translate the the texts around it: "Ecommerce software by"

To customize the footer, go to:

/your_theme/templates/_partials/footer.tpl

and you will find this code:

{l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'PrestaShop™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme'}

You have 2 options now:

1. You can remove this whole string and simply write the text you want to display

However, if your website contains multiple languages, this text will not be possible to translate. Also every year you will have to update the year in the footer manually.

2. I suggest that you can only rename the word "Prestashop™" to the name of your eshop:

{l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'THIS IS MY ESHOP™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme'}

Now you can go to the back office:

Sidebar > International > Translations. Select "theme translations", your theme and desired language. On the next page, in the left column, open "Shop" tab and search for "Theme".

There's a small pagination at the top of the right column now, go to the second page and you will find an option to translate "Ecommerce software by".

By this way, you can translate the footer into all languages and it will contain the name of your eshop :)

Edited by Andrej Stas (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Andrej for your correct answer and your in-depth explanation. I'm sure that it will help many people who use 1.7.  You are also correct that there is no longer a cms block module or access from the back-office to change this text.

I searched all of the theme files and module files to find where to make the changes but I couldn't find it without your help.

I didn't want the link in the text or the 'ecommerce by' text so I changed the code from this:

<p>
  <a class="_blank" href="http://www.prestashop.com" target="_blank">
    {l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'PrestaShop™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme'}
  </a>
</p>

To this:

<p style="font-size:79%;">
  {l s='%copyright% %year% - %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'My company. All rights reserved | Company info', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme'}
</p>

This isn't as flexible as your solution for the future but it suits my site better. Besides, the translations don't work properly at the moment but that's a matter for another topic.

• 1 year later...

The contents of s= should remain unchanged as this is defining the translation source tag.  Removing the hyperlink by either commenting out or deleting the <a> tag set, and defining the value for the %prestashop% variable are all that are required in the footer.tpl file.  The translations can be managed in the .../app/Resources/translations/[lang-code]/ShopThemeGlobal.[lang-code].xlf file.

.../themes/classic/templates/_partials/footer.tpl

<!-- <a class="_blank" href="https://prestashop.com" target="_blank"> -->
  {l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'Your Company', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}
<!-- </a> -->

.../app/Resources/translations/en-US/ShopThemeGlobal.en-US.xlf

<file original="themes/StarterTheme/templates/_partials/footer.tpl" source-language="en" target-language="en" datatype="plaintext">
  <body>
    <trans-unit id="7601c8e861088bd27255e18afaefab6b" approved="yes">
      <source>%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%</source>
      <target xml:lang="en">%copyright% %year% - Whatever you want to put by %prestashop%</target>
      <note>Context:
File: themes/StarterTheme/templates/_partials/footer.tpl:40</note>
    </trans-unit>
  </body>
</file>

Once you edit these two (or more depending on number of translations), clear the cache by deleting the contents of .../app/cache/dev/ and .../app/cache/prod/.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In 1.7+ that free module is not available. So you need to do it from the code. 

Go to this file /themes/classic/templates/_partials/footer.tpl

And do it like this 

<div class="container">
  <div class="row">
    {block name='hook_footer_before'}
      {hook h='displayFooterBefore'}
    {/block}
  </div>
</div>
<div class="footer-container">
  <div class="container">
    <div class="row">
      {block name='hook_footer'}
        {hook h='displayFooter'}
      {/block}
    </div>
    <div class="row">
      {block name='hook_footer_after'}
        {hook h='displayFooterAfter'}
      {/block}
    </div>
    <div class="row">
      <div class="col-md-12">
        <p class="text-sm-center">
          {block name='copyright_link'}
            <a class="_blank" href="https://diceindiagroup.net" target="_blank">
              {l s='%copyright% 2010 - %year% - Shop by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'DICE','%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}
            </a>
          {/block}
        </p>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Best & simple way to solve/edit bottom link/credits [ © 2016 - Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™ ]:

1. Go to: IMPROVE > International > Translations
2. Under: Modify translations >
Type of translation: Theme Translations (select) > Select your theme: [your theme] > Select your language: [your language] > press [Modify]
3. Search for [Ecommerce software] > under [ %copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop% ] you can edit whatever you like. > Save

Edited by Q000 (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you Major Bob - I used your method and it worked!
I just removed the link and kept the rest of the code. Then I changed the shop name and adress in Themes Translations in the backend of my website. 

<p>

</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I developed a universal solution for version 1.7.6.x  that works on all sites I have. In my application, the Prestashop install is running on a subdomain of a site it is related to. The text and link goes to the main domain.

Search for this in prestashop_directory\themes\classic\templates\_partials\footer.tpl and prestashop_directory\themes\classic\templates\checkout\_partials\footer.tpl

{l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'PrestaShop™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}
            </a>

and replace it with

<a class="_blank" href="{$urls.shop_domain_url}" target="_blank" title="Open site on new page">
              {l s='%copyright% %year% - ' sprintf=['%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}{$shop.name}
            </a>

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 2:41 AM, Rhapsody said:

I developed a universal solution for version 1.7.6.x  that works on all sites I have. In my application, the Prestashop install is running on a subdomain of a site it is related to. The text and link goes to the main domain.

Search for this in prestashop_directory\themes\classic\templates\_partials\footer.tpl and prestashop_directory\themes\classic\templates\checkout\_partials\footer.tpl

and replace it with

This worked. The Solution is Elegant is extremely simple. Thank You. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, Q000 said:

Best & simple way to solve/edit bottom link/credits [ © 2016 - Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™ ]:

1. Go to: IMPROVE > International > Translations
2. Under: Modify translations >
Type of translation: Theme Translations (select) > Select your theme: [your theme] > Select your language: [your language] > press [Modify]
3. Search for [Ecommerce software] > under [ %copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop% ] you can edit whatever you like. > Save

Very good working solution. How can I redirect the url to my website?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, danbby said:

Very good working solution. How can I redirect the url to my website?

Thanks!

Hi, Did you find a way to change the Url? I have the same problem

15 hours ago, danbby said:

No. 

previously I didn't know how to override a file in back office, but I could figure out how to do it last night, I could access the footer.tpl file in my host control panel and modify the file to remove the link.

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, Rhapsody said:

and replace it with

This works great for the main footer but it looks like the code has changed for the checkout page. Mine shows this in v1.7.6.7

{block name='footer'}
<div class="text-sm-center">
  {l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'PrestaShop™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}
</div>
{/block}

Edited by DJAd (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 2:11 AM, Dew1 said:

previously I didn't know how to override a file in back office, but I could figure out how to do it last night, I could access the footer.tpl file in my host control panel and modify the file to remove the link.

Can you tell me exactly what I need to modify?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

You need to edit both footer.tpl and footer-mobile.tpl in your theme as I've just spent many hours figuring out.

So for example both of my occurrences changed

</a>

To: 

<a class="_blank" href="http://www.MYSHOPNAME.co.uk" target="_blank">
			{l s='%copyright% %year% - MYSHOPNAME' sprintf=['MYSHOPNAME' => 'MYSHOPNAME™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme.Global'}
		  </a>

• 9 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 6:52 AM, Andrej Stas said:

It is not possible to remove the word "Prestashop" via backend. You can only translate the the texts around it: "Ecommerce software by"

To customize the footer, go to:

/your_theme/templates/_partials/footer.tpl

and you will find this code:

You have 2 options now:

1. You can remove this whole string and simply write the text you want to display

However, if your website contains multiple languages, this text will not be possible to translate. Also every year you will have to update the year in the footer manually.

2. I suggest that you can only rename the word "Prestashop™" to the name of your eshop:

{l s='%copyright% %year% - Ecommerce software by %prestashop%' sprintf=['%prestashop%' => 'THIS IS MY ESHOP™', '%year%' => 'Y'|date, '%copyright%' => '©'] d='Shop.Theme'}

Now you can go to the back office:

Sidebar > International > Translations. Select "theme translations", your theme and desired language. On the next page, in the left column, open "Shop" tab and search for "Theme".

There's a small pagination at the top of the right column now, go to the second page and you will find an option to translate "Ecommerce software by".

By this way, you can translate the footer into all languages and it will contain the name of your eshop :)

Option 1 worked for me, Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

my site is multi languages (in prestashop 1.7.8 )

1-how can i completely delete "2022 - Ecommerce software by PrestaShop"  in all languages ?

2-if the answer is yes , then will it again come back ,when i upgrade my prestashop to recenter versions ?

Edited by newbie20 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...