Drop down choice filter

Hello,

I have been looking for a while now and haven't found anything that looks to accomplish a task to sort products. Anyways I am looking for a way to sort products based on a dropdown list of choices that the end-user will make. Once the end-user make the proper selection it will result in the proper products that they require based on their choices.

For example, if you go to TireRack.com in the middle of the page you can find what type of tires your car needs based on the Make, Year, Model, etc.

Anyways, is there a way that this can be accomplished in PrestaShop by either filter categories and creating subcatgories from choosing from a drop down list or would this be something that a module would take care of?

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Jake

Also, Tomerg3 has a "filter by" module that allows you to filter your product lists. Its on www.presto-changeo.com, you should check it out. It also has drop down lists like the "default" drop down menus for the sort list, so it saves a lot space in the columns if you use a lot of attributes and/or features. I've used multiple modules by him (not this one but we are considering adding it) and they all work to the finest detail... also his support is second to none!

Xylon,
I read that topic and that module sounded like it would work. I installed the model but now I'm lost on how to configure it. Thanks for the help.

mytheory.,
Anyways just looking for a free module that will do this and would rather not have to pay for something like this currently but it may be an option. Thanks.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but i wanted to warn everyone about vehiclefits.

The module may work on magento, but the port to prestashop does not work at all, and i have not received a working copy of the software, the free installation or anything since paying for the addon.

I have mailed them repeatedly for 2 weeks with no response, and probably no hope of getting my money back.

If anyone is able to tell me which module to use for make/model id really appreciate it, and if this post saves one person from losing their money to vehiclefits then it was worth typing it.

Hey Paul we did email back & forth but I agree I was not prompt in completing the installation. The module does work and I thought I had emailed you asking for your CSV so I could import it for you, apparently I had not. I just emailed you privately about why I was too busy to respond, I also went ahead & refunded your $175, feel free to continue using my software and enjoy free technical support for 1 year. Sorry I was not fast enough in responding to your requests for status updates on the install I have refunded your money in full and you can continue to use the software for free.