Modules installation error during initial installation

Hi everyone!

I am currently installing PrestaShop 1.6 and I receive an error at 67% of installation (modules install).

I have looked online what could be the problem and found that it might by php memory limit. I have contacted my hosting site and they said the limit is 128 so it has to be a different problem. It sucks that it does not show what the error might be.

I have tried to reinstall and to re-upload all the files via FTP multiple times but always got the same error. 

Anyone had a similar issue or have an idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/html/ps16_stage/modules/statsdata/statsdata.php on line 108

This was the reason for me. The statsdata module uses array shorthands, which are incompatible with PHP < 5.4

If you use PHP 5.3, replace line 108 in modules/statsdata/statsdata.php:

$this->context->controller->registerJavascript('modules-plugindetect', 'modules/'.$this->name.'/js/plugindetect.js', ['position' => 'bottom', 'priority' => 150]);

with:

$this->context->controller->registerJavascript('modules-plugindetect', 'modules/'.$this->name.'/js/plugindetect.js', array('position' => 'bottom', 'priority' => 150));

The bug seems fixed in latest development branch on github.

(In other news, this module compares versions using lte instead of version_compare, which will break the conditionals on 1.6.10)

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to install the latest version Prestashop 1.7.0.4 but with the same error as @dreamphonecases stuck at 67% with 1: HTTP 504 - error -

My host has php 5.2.17 but I have increased it to PHP Version 5.4.3 with multi php option in cpanel

Do you have any ideas? I would like to use the latest version if possible.

Thanks!