PS 1.7 Install leads to an infinite redirect loop

Today i had similar problem.
But installation still worked when i provide address like "mysite.com/install/index.php" this last index.php was important.
I think redirect loop appear due to nginx configuration issue.
I created new configuration using this one as reference:
https://github.com/MattLoyeD/Prestashop-Nginx/blob/master/prestashop-nginx.conf
It fix the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened when installed LAMP stack from apachefriends.

This behavior is related with Apache configuration. As a workaround, DirectoryIndex directive from Apache httpd.conf can be commented and then you should be able to access to "/install/index.php?step=welcome" (apache restart is needed). Once first installation step is done, the Apache directive can be uncommented to leave configuration in its initial state (this directive is used for example to access to phpmyadmin from lampp homepage) and installation process can continue normally.

Regards

• Like 1

Same problem here.

Even when the DirectoryIndex comment made no sense for me, I tried it with no luck as I supposed. I also tried checking suggested folder permissions, again with no luck. My error log shows a lot of this messages:

[Tue Dec 13 22:32:03.056340 2016] [charset_lite:debug] [pid 15023] mod_charset_lite.c(219): [client 127.0.0.1:54264] AH01448: incomplete configuration: src unspecified, dst unspecified

Which I couldn't understand yet...

The network console of the browser shows the same infinite loop described by other users.

I am trying to test PS 1.7 using a XAMPP box. Installing PS 1.6 in the same environment works without any problem.

Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PHP 5.6.15, Apache 2.4.17, mysql 5.7.9. (Wamp 3.0)

Previous version of prestashop 1.6 without problems , as well as laravel 5.3, silex ...all works like a charm, but PS 1.7 is frozen

I try with EasyPHP and the same... I have to do a test on another computer

*** UPDATED ****

Tested on another computer & fresh wamp installation, all works fine, complete installation ... something is wrong in my current workspace

Well... thanks everyone for your help!!!

Edited by madalien (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Finally found this post after about 5 hours of headache.

Adding

DirectoryIndex disabled

to the end of

/etc/apache2/apache2.conf

on Ubuntu solved the problem (remove after install) as per Mr X Commerce's advice.

Don't forget to restart apache after making the change.

p.s.

Good luck with the permissions in the Starter Theme after you have managed to get your Prestashop dev environment up ;)

Hello. I am working version 1.6 of the prestashop, and at the moment I am developing a module that inssere a form and listaegm of it, but when I want to insert the data of the form in the DB I wanted that the message of confirmation is presented and only then forwarded to a Another page It does not currently print successfully inserted message, it just forwards it to the page I want. Someone can help me? greetings At this moment it is like this:if (Tools::isSubmit('submitExtras')) { (code) } else { (code) if($result == false) { $sql = 'INSERT INTO au_order_invoice(id_order, doctype, docseries, iddoc, signature, certification, nif, name, total, discount, hash, date_add) VALUES ( \''.$id_order.'\', \''.Tools::getValue('doctype', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('docseries', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('iddoc', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('signature', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('certification', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('nif', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('name', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('total', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('discount', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('hash', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('date_add', '').'\')'; } else { $sql = 'REPLACE INTO au_order_invoice(id_order, doctype, docseries, iddoc, signature, certification, nif, name, total, discount, hash, date_add) VALUES ( \''.$id_order.'\', \''.Tools::getValue('doctype', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('docseries', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('iddoc', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('signature', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('certification', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('nif', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('name', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('total', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('discount', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('hash', '').'\', \''.Tools::getValue('date_add', '').'\')'; } $res = Db::getInstance()->execute($sql); $this->_confirmation .= $this->displayConfirmation($this->l('Inserido/atualizado com sucesso!')); if($res == true) { Tools::redirectAdmin($this->context->link->getAdminLink('AdminOrders', false).'&id_order='.$id_order.'&vieworder&token='.Tools::getAdminTokenLite('AdminOrders')); } else { $this->_error .= $this->displayError($this->l('Não foi possível inseir/atualizar o formulário desejado. Por favor tente mais tarde.')); $this->renderFormExtras(); }

Hello. I am working version 1.6 of the prestashop, and at the moment I am developing a module that inssere a form and listaegm of it, but when I want to insert the data of the form in the DB I wanted that the message of confirmation is presented and only then forwarded to a Another page It does not currently print successfully inserted message, it just forwards it to the page I want. Someone can help me? greetings At this moment it is like this:

• 2 weeks later...

I made it really dirty...

in install/controllers/http/welcome.php, I replaced 2 times "$this->redirect('welcome');" with "$this->displayTemplate('welcome');"

then i continued the installation in English....

don't do this at home. :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I made it really dirty...

in install/controllers/http/welcome.php, I replaced 2 times "$this->redirect('welcome');" with "$this->displayTemplate('welcome');"

then i continued the installation in English....

don't do this at home. :P

You are the only useful one for this world of PS1.7.0.6          

THANKS ..... !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Prestashop Windows&Apache Users

Same infinite loop with Prestashop 1.7 installation on Apache 2.4, PHP 7.1.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.

Solution: activate extension php_curl.dll in php.ini and restart Apache.

Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

please i need help on how to fix this type of prestashop admin problem  ...... update pb, redirection pb, etc     please help.............my prestashop is installed on a shared server (cpanel) ...... please help

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The issue here is that Prestashop is looking for SSL version but SSL is disabled by default in the code. As per this solution, you need to enable SSL in code and database. The steps as mentioned in the said article are as follows:

• Go to /classes/controller/FrontController.php and set SSL connection flag to TRUE.
$ssl = false;

change to

$ssl = true;
  • Then go to database and find PS_SSL_ENABLED parameter in __configuration table and change it value from "0" to "1"
  • You will also be required to change PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE in the same table to "1"
Edited by आकाश कुमार शर्मा (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

The issue here is that Prestashop is looking for SSL version but SSL is disabled by default in the code. As per this solution, you need to enable SSL in code and database. The steps as mentioned in the said article are as follows:

Go to /classes/controller/FrontController.php and set SSL connection flag to TRUE.

$ssl = false;

change to

$ssl = true;

Then go to database and find PS_SSL_ENABLED parameter in __configuration table and change it value from "0" to "1"

You will also be required to change PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE in the same table to "1"

This worked well for me, thanks

Edited by Neale
not showing quote (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 8:19 PM, Neale said:

The issue here is that Prestashop is looking for SSL version but SSL is disabled by default in the code. As per this solution, you need to enable SSL in code and database. The steps as mentioned in the said article are as follows:

Go to /classes/controller/FrontController.php and set SSL connection flag to TRUE.

$ssl = false;

change to

$ssl = true;

Then go to database and find PS_SSL_ENABLED parameter in __configuration table and change it value from "0" to "1"

You will also be required to change PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE in the same table to "1"

This worked well for me, thanks

Verifying this works for me as well!  THANKS NEAL! Note, 1.7 don't have "PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE" but just the other option alone was enough to correct this nonsense.

Used on the home page. 

Prestashop, like seriously ... get with it, this is a BIG problem especially for established businesses who plan to use your product, your affiliates, your partners and those that want to recommend you.  The installation is easy ... until they run into these problems.  This version is not "stable".  One minute it works, next minute it don't, not everyone is technically inclined and surely don't want to pay $450+ to correct what you refuse to fix. 

You need to include the installation option before installation starts;

"Is Site SSL?: YES|NO" and another option
"If SSL, Use default?: YES|NO"

I would even go a step further for those migrating to include a forwarding option since the controller handles how the page works.  You got to take this and fix this.  Today's sites are mainly SSL and is by default thanks to google forcing it so why even bother to make ssl off by default?  This reeks havok on my home page and just now after many days of headache just now figured this to work according to Neals way.  ... 

Lastly, this is 2021, make the page full and not a little block between creating large gaps.  Full pages are mainly the standard.  Create a quick way to write into the custom.css file for custom css options since it overrides any css elements before it's loaded(great option) but typical open sourcy way to get to it.  All of this is mainly a simply 30 minute fix,  Don't need to look cute, needs to function.