State/County as a required field.

misterc

Hi,

need a little help again guys please.

I had 'Super Checkout' by Knowband module installed to make checking out much faster and efficient. I have checked all the required and not-required fields, and have set state/county as a required field.

Unfortunately,, because of the alphabetic listing, Aberdeen City is at the top of the list and appears to be set as a default setting. This means that if customers forget (or deliberately do not correct) that all customers state/county for UK is set to Aberdeen City. 

Under normal circumstances this would just be a minor irritation which I can search for correct county, etc. But shipping costs are set based on county/state, and I have now had a couple of orders where the customer lives in Northern Ireland (which should be off-shore shipping) but left Aberdeen City as the default county; so shipping was calculated as UK mainland at a much cheaper price.

How do I get Knowband Supercheckout to recognise that county/state is a necessary field (even though I have checked the boxes) or is there somewhere else in Prestashop configuration where I might need to make county/state a necessary field? If so where is it?

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Regards,

John C

www.faux-fur-throws.com

• 3 years later...

I'm working on Prestashop 1.7.6.7

International/Locations/Countries/

Edit your country like as follow.

Add row "State:name" in Address format.

It will display County field.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I want to make this field as optional. Is there any solution?

Edited by raudsepp (see edit history)