SEO friendly url names are stuck with one particular product

hstpctech

It's a puzzling problem to explain.

The online store has a Books category in which all of the products' friendly URL name stuck to one particular disabled book.

I've tried to regenerate htaccess file but the result is still the same. All the books ended up having the same friendly name e.g. 63-pearlharbor, 137-pearlharbor, 138-pearlharbor, etc.

Even generating the friendly name manually sometimes failed too. I open one product, click the generate button, save. And then when I reopen that product it's back to the previous value.

Why is the rewrite keyword stuck on that particular product?

The store's SEO values are:

{category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html

{id}-{rewrite}

{id}-{rewrite}{/:selected_filters}

{id}__{rewrite}

{id}_{rewrite}

content/{id}-{rewrite}

content/category/{id}-{rewrite}

module/{module}{/:controller}

I'm guessing there's something wrong in these values, but I'm completely clueless with htaccess, SEO, and Prestashop rewriting.

The SEO settings look fine. Maybe you have some override that messes up the links? Try to disable all overrides and see if it helps.

I don't recall having any override turned on..but just now I've disabled all overrides. Is that it? Do I have to regenerate htaccess file again because it still doesn't fix the friendly urls..

Yes, that's it but if it didn't help I don't know what else may be causing this. Is the shop online to see?

The shop is already running trouble-free for months... 80vintagetoys.com.

You can see in the books section, starting on page 3 upward the books are still bearing the friendly name of 'pearl harbor'.

The last time I updated the books section was to edit them to virtual products with CSV file but it didn't work. Set the virtual field to 1 for all the books.

I suspect this was the cause.

Interesting. Is that the latest version of Prestashop? If not maybe some upgrade would help?

It's kinda puzzling in a bad way... Version 1.6.0.14, I believe it's not very outdated nor buggy. My current option is to go right into the list and manually generating each friendly name; not a very interesting task. The bigger concern is that whatever causing this is still in there.

I'm going to upgrade it and see what happens.

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)

It's kinda puzzling in a bad way... Version 1.6.0.14, I believe it's not very outdated nor buggy. My current option is to go right into the list and manually generating each friendly name; not a very interesting task. The bigger concern is that whatever causing this is still in there.

I'm going to upgrade it and see what happens.

Upgrading was a bad choice - I can't login to the backoffice now. Changed the maintenance IP and enabled the shop through phpAdmin, but still can't have backoffice login. 

I upgraded with 1-Click Upgrade. It always worked in the past, but apparently I lucked out now. 

How to get out of this mess?

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)