Override not updating code

Hello everybody,

someone can explain me please where override code is cached?

I have a module that overrides the init method of productcontroller. I changed the code in modules/modulename/override/controllers/front/ProductController.php, deleted the class_index in the cache folder and also tried to delete the class in the override folder to force the recreation. But the file is always recreated with the unchanged code of the first version of the module.

I also tried to uninstall the module, the override was not uninstalled and I got an error on reinstall. I changed the code in the zip folder, deleted the class in the core override folder and was able to reinstall it. But prestashop took again the unchanged code of the first version of the module.

How can I update the override code?

I am thankful for every advice.

Please try to update in \override\controllers\front\ProductController.php then delete the class_index.php file.

With file modules/modulename/override/controllers/front/ProductController.php: it will not compiler on there. It only copy to above path (\override\controllers\front) when you have new install . re-install your module

Edited by phinq1910 (see edit history)