Combined shipping not working

opal-freak

I have just installed version 1.6.1.9 and had a heck of a time configuring it, only to have the shipping still not working right.

My brain is absolutely in melt down mode trying to figure this out, so I would REALLY appreciate help! I have searched everywhere here to no avail.

I have set up a carrier (Canada post) and everything seems to work fine when I add ONE item to the cart, I have it configured to be $10.00 flat rate for shipping.

The problem is that when I add TWO or MORE items to the cart, the shipping then says  "FREE Shipping ", and the $10.00 shipping fee disappears. WTF?

How do I fix this so that I simply charge a flat rate of $10.00 shipping no matter how many purchases are made?

My site is at http://www.opalcarver.com/shop

See attached screen shot please :)

Thanks!

:)

post-1338914-0-84611200-1479395919_thumb.jpg

You must have more then one carrier and also "100% natural Madagascar star rose quartz cabochon wire wrapped pendant"

seams to have specific carrier defined in product back office, on shipping tab. And that specific one is not Canada post.

Do compare all  products and theirs shipping tabs when editing product in back office.

Thanks for your reply!

I am confused, I checked my carriers uin the product/shipping setting, and it IS set for "Canada Post" as my carrier.

Hmmm....

Is this a bug?

What is weird is that if I add ONE item, it shows $12.00 form shipping, if I add a second item, it stil shows $12.00 for shipping, but if I add a 3rd item, it then shows that the shipping is as yet to be determined, and does not show $12 anymore.

Then, if I remove one of the 3 items in the shopping cart, it still does not show any shipping amount.

It only shows the $12.00 shipping if i remove 2 items form the cart leaving only one item in the cart. Why?

Can you help with this please?

Thanks!

:)

I've been playing with the settings, and I still cannot get it to add more than one item in the shopping cart while keeping the combined shipping fee of $12.00

I want to be able to have multiple items in the shopping cart with combined shipping of $12 for all items with no additional shipping fees.

If I add more than one item, it says "No carriers available."

I've even added a second carrier with Xpresspost, but it seems to make no difference.

I really hope someone out there can assist with this!

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I'm SO glad someone is helping me with this!

The shipping weight is max .500 grams (one half kilogram, or 500 grams) for any of my envelopes.

I have 500 grams entered into the shipping settings, hoping that is the right way to set it up.

Here is the screenshot you asked for:

post-1338914-0-89774900-1479679528_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply, not sure why my previous reply is a duplicate posted twice! Sorry for that.

I actually entered in 1kg before, and it did not seem to make a difference.

Are you saying to enter it into the shipping carrier settings, or in the product listing shipping tab?

So in the shipping carrier setting, what should I set it for if my max parcel weight is only 500 grams?

In the product listing shipping tab what should the "Package weight" be set to?

Thanks again :)

I product shipping tab it should be actual weight so if it 500g it is 500g.

What you need to check is shipping carrier setting. In your first post with images, second image.

it says >= 0 and < 0.500 kg.  

But for product to be available for that carrier, shipping carrier settings, it should be at least < 0.501 kg or 1kg.

If you already tried that then not sure what else can be.

Well, I tried that, and still something is wrong!

I can add 2 items to the cart, and it shows $12.00 for the shipping, but when I add a 3rd item, it says:

"Total shipping  To be determined"

I went into the carriers shipping setting tab and set it to < 2kg, just to see what would happen, and it made no difference.

I'm confused.

:(

OK, it FINALLY worked!

But, I'm still confused, because it only worked when I set each item in the product shipping tab to 150 grams (0.150), and the shipping carrier to 1kg.

Oh well, whatever, lol.

Now it works, but I have another weird shipping issue I'm wondering how to fix.

When I try to check out, it shows all my account info, and if I click the paypal payment button just at the bottom of the shopping cart totals, it seems to go to paypal and asks me to enter my paypal info to log into paypal, so it looks like that is working (although I have not followed through with an actual dummy purchase yet to prove it works!)

The weird thing is that is if I do not click the paypal button, and scroll down the page to follow the steps 1, 2 and 3 for checking out, the 3rd step which is choose a payment method, it shows the following error. How do I make a paypal button appear there as it does up above??

Please see attached screenshots:

3 Please choose your payment method

No payment method is available for use at this time.

post-1338914-0-51588700-1479686791_thumb.jpg

post-1338914-0-51395400-1479686798_thumb.jpg

Glad you solved at least one issue.

Note: to make forum clean and to help other people with same issue you should have

opened new topic for payment issue you have.

But check this topic and link to documentation in it maybe it will help.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/468176-solved-no-payment-method-is-available-for-use-at-this-time-non-aunz/