lafondadebaco

[SEO Updater Module] Automatically generate title, description and keywords meta tags

Hi everybody,

This is my first time doing a Module, so I hope this work well for all the community :)

I made a module to automatically update the most common SEO meta tags: title, description and keywords, because it drived me crazy to do it manually, and updating products every time that the category was updated.

In this first approach I made it for categories and products, but in the future I expect to extends the features.

SEO Updater features

- Update categories meta title. Based on the name of the category and the option.

- Update products meta title. Based on the product name.

- Include (or not) your shop name in the title. You have the option to include your shop name after or before the category or product name.

- Include manufacturer name to the title, before product_name.

- Choose to update all products/categories or just the new ones.

- Ability to use the product keywords as the same categories keywords.

Installation

- Just put the folder (in the zip file attached) into the module folder of your shop.

Version 0.3.1 is working on a running Prestashop Version 1.4.6.2. Please report any bug that you may find on this post.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome!

Enjoy ;)

Version 0.3.1 (by Matis75)

==========

- Added manufacturer_name to the title, before product_name

- Added option to not use shop name in meta_title

- Added option to use default Prestashop meta_description (if meta_description is empty, Prestashop will automatically add short_description to the meta_description while page generation)

Version 0.3

=========

- Fix to ' in the prefix for both category & Products.

- Prefix is not any more usable.

- Added name of the shop to the title, with the option to place it to the right or left.

- Used Navigation pipe from configuration by default.

- Added information messages

post-40199-0-18560000-1322594063_thumb.png

post-40199-0-01931800-1322594071_thumb.png

seoupdater_v0.3.1.zip

• Like 5

Thanks a lot !
I have downloaded it, and test it later~

How can we edit description? won't it cause duplicate if you mass update them?

I think he takes the specific info off each product and fills out the SEO fields on those products, with its individual content. So this should'nt create dublicates, if i understand it right, and you have filled out your product info without dublicates.

Great module!!
I have couple problems tho:

1. It gives an error message when description contains a ' sign.

"Error while processing products...
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near.........."

2. Some pages display title with "Page title:" in front of the actual title. (see pic)

24763_G5ah7KPyStWYJQ3HS5Fi_t

Hi

I am a newbie to SEO. How would this module help my websites seo?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hello

I have tried this module but doesnt seem to add anything to the meta title for catagoy or products.

Is there anyone who is using this module successfully

Regards

Hey everybody, I have installed this modulo and it works normal to me, but i really have the question whose somebody have already made. This really help to improve SEO?? I haven't seen changes... but to be honest i don't know to much about seo...

Bye now
my site: www.deltavideogames.com.br

Hi everybody,

This is my first time doing a Module, so I hope this work well for all the community :)

I made a module to automatically update the most common SEO meta tags: title, description and keywords, because it drived me crazy to do it manually, and updating products every time that the category was updated.

In this first approach I made it for categories and products, but in the future I expect to extends the features.

SEO Updater features

- Update categories meta title. Based on the url and the option to add a prefix.
- Update products meta title. Based on the product name and the option to add a prefix.
- Choose to update all products/categories or just the new ones.
- Ability to use the product keywords as the same categories keywords.

Installation
- Just put the folder (in the zip file attached) into the module folder of your shop.

This is working on a running Prestashop Version 1.2.5.0. Please report any bug that you may find on this post.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome!

Enjoy ;)

what does it works?
it occurr ti insert the title of the page on the top of the page in the empty field?
what title?
regards

Has anybody who has installed this module began to see more people coming to their website from search engines after a few months?

1. It gives an error message when description contains a ' sign.

"Error while processing products...
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near.........."

2. Some pages display title with "Page title:" in front of the actual title. (see pic)

Thanks for this! I will take into account for next release =)

Hi

Thanks for your module, what should i add to the Meta title prefix and the Meta title prefix?

I get this error message when i try to update the product meta

I am using v1.3.1

Back Office >> Modules
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'indi, emmagatzemar turc,' WHERE `id_product` = 1 AND `id_lang` = 16' at line 1

UPDATE ps_product_lang SET `meta_title` = 'Page title:TS T-shirt Nova Mascota' , `meta_description` = '' , `meta_keywords` = 'el futbol turc, equip de futbol, samarreta, el futbol internacional, turc, gall dindi de futbol, samarretes de futbol de gall d'indi, emmagatzemar turc,' WHERE `id_product` = 1 AND `id_lang` = 16

• Like 1

I am running 1.2.5 and this module installed and runs fine for me...

Thank you very much for this module as it saves a serious amount of time having to do the seo portion of product creation!!!

And this module can not hurt your SEO as the more decent and relevant info, your site provides for the bots, the better for your rankings.

Nicely done with this one, and you say it's your first module? Great stuff

Regards,

i'm running prestashop 1.3.1 and it seems to work fine for me.

Thank you very much, lafondadebaco, for sharing

Hi lafondadebaco,

It's really great module.
Save many time to add the keyword to products.

However, could you please add the feature which can also add the "Meta title subfix"??
Then it will be perfect for the SEO.

Thanks a lot.

SuperDuper

Hello

Please can someone let me know if it would be possible to include more fields in the meta title. for example manufacturer name and reference, EAN, etc

Kind Regards

Thanks. It works great. Only have problems with mysql query if there is any apostrophe symbol in the title or description. I had to manually remove them and execute each one individually.

Hello,

very thanks, module is great, but this is me META Description:

Žárovka s 12 SMD (5050) led. 1,5W příkon, 12mA, úhel svítivosti 140 st.,  150Lm svítivost, 3500K- teple bílé světlo.

Žárovka s 12 SMD (5050) led. 1,5W příkon, 12mA, úhel svítivosti 140 st., 150Lm svítivost, 3500K- teple bílé světlo.

Bad code from Czech republic ... escuse pls me bad english

Very thans to you help

Thanks everybody for you feedback and greetings!

I'm working to make this module works on version 1.4.x. I will post it in the first post.

In the meanwhile I'm also working on something bigger that will help everybody to evaluate and improve the SEO presence in real time.

Stay tunned...

• Like 1

Tried to use it on PS 1.4.3 and when we click on "Update" it doesn't work after checking our products info...

Tried to use it on PS 1.4.3 and when we click on "Update" it doesn't work after checking our products info...

Hi cchhaass, try the last version of the module, and let me know if you find any error.

Hi all!

I've uploaded a new version of the module, that fix a problems you posted here, and some other changes that I found useful.

Please let me know your thoughts, and all suggestions are welcome!

I have just tested on 1.4.4.1 and only categories meta title was filled, not description. Is that common?

I have just tested on 1.4.4.1 and only categories meta title was filled, not description. Is that common?

No, it's not common.

Question: does your categories has any description populated? The module should copy all the information inside the description to the meta description.

So I am running your latest version v0.3 and Prestashop 1.4.5.1 and receive the following error when trying to populate Products."

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'S PRIDE FLAT BACK BUCKETS, 20 Quart Capacity.' , `meta_keywords` = '' WHERE `id_' at line 1"

No, it's not common.

Question: does your categories has any description populated? The module should copy all the information inside the description to the meta description.

Sorry, of course they were not filled :) So I can say, module is working well. Thank you

Hello I have tested the module, I would say that it works well and very usefull. I would thank developer ...

I just get this errror. Any help please ?

warning.gif Error while processing products...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'acquire' the English language outside the classroom and to experience British cu' at line 1

[/left]

Great module. Seems to work fine with BG Cyrillic products on my PS 1.4.5.1. Haven't yet looked in detail about duplicated meta tags etc... but the module is really useful.

warning.gif Error while processing products...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'acquire' the English language outside the classroom and to experience British cu' at line 1

[/left]

Hi, can you please tell me if the description of that product has some extrange character like %, quotes ('), double quotes ("), or anything weird?

Hi,

thanks for great module.

I extended this module for my needs with some more functionality:

• Added manufacturer_name to the title, before product_name
  • Added option to not use shop name in meta_title
  • Added option to use default Prestashop meta_description (if meta_description is empty, Prestashop will automatically add short_description to the meta_description while page generation)

Just unzip zip file into the module folder.

Version 0.3.1 tested on Prestashop 1.4.6.2.

Enjoy

seoupdater 0.3.1.zip

• Like 1

Omg..My product page not displayed :(
upz..sorry. Just wrong reply..

Its great contribution. Thx alot :)

Hi all,

Firstly, THANKS for a great module! This is a life saver! Without this module I'd probably have to spend weeks updating my meta info.

Everything works fine, however, I don't seem to be able to get this module to auto update the "Meta Description" field for the product page.

I tried "as default" and "short description" but it doesn't show anything. However, when i tried using "Long description", I was given some error about MySQL, which i suspect is because of the ' or " i used in the description.

It will be too much of a hassle to change the long description, and I'd prefer to just use the short desciption as my "Meta Description", how do I go about doing that?

I tried "as default" and "short description" but it doesn't show anything.

you can't see meta description on product page in BO (the field is empty). PS will automatically adding meta_description during page generating

you can't see meta description on product page in BO (the field is empty). PS will automatically adding meta_description during page generating

Oh, really? So what is the difference between this meta description and the "Meta Description" we see in a product page in BO?

If i were to manually update the meta description fields and save it, the field will be still visible after saving. Am I missing something here?

There are 2 way to use meta description in product page in BO:

1. if you fill meta description field, PS will use this text as product meta description

2. if you leave this field empty, PS will automatically take short description text as product meta description

So if you choose "as default", module set this field to null, then the short desc will be used for products meta description.

Hello!

The module not writes anything in Meta keywords field in categories and products.

Hello! The module not writes anything in Meta keywords field in categories and products.

Hi istox,

this module don't update meta keywords in categories.

And meta keywords in products - have you filled keywords in categories? If not, module can't update product's meta keywords with this "blank" keywords.

I am using prestashop v1.4.1.0 and im getting this error "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'muscle responds to vigorous training with marked and rapid improvement into the ' at line 1"

Has anyone got any idea how to fix this, any help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick

• Like 1

I reset the modulle and now it says "Products successfully updated" however when I check the products nothing has changed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's of andere zaken. afmetingen: - leng' , `meta_keywords` = '' WHERE `id_produc' at line 1

Could it be that a dash isn't allowed either?

Hi,

It seems to have included the name of the shop in the meta title OK, but it has wiped out all the meta description and meta keyword for all our 3000 products,

I really need some help with this.

Any help regarding this will be very much appreaciated,

Products SEO Updater

Place the name of the shop in the meta title After

Meta title separator -

Meta description long description

Bring keywords from category? Ticked

Update existing? Ticked

Add manufacturer name Unticked

I hope you can help.

OK, This is what ive figured out,

When I use the settings

Meta title separator -

Meta description default

Update existing? Ticked

I get the error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' Items' WHERE `id_product` = 662 AND `id_lang` = 1' at line 1

I dont know if this is because none of my items have a short description in them.

However when I use the settings:

Meta title separator -

Meta description long description

Update existing? Ticked

I get the error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'This is a must-have for every martial arts book collection.' RICK FAYE About Box' at line 1

After looking at the product which is causing the issue (RICK FAYE book) it seems its because on the long description there is text saying "One of the world's leading iron palm practitioners" and it doesnt like the ' in the word world's.

Can anyone give me some advise how I can fix these issues.

Many thanks

Nick

After short look into code try this change in modules/seoupdater/seoupdater.php:

line 290:

$std_meta_description = str_replace($ignoredChars, '', strip_tags($product['description']));

replace with:

$std_meta_description = pSQL(str_replace($ignoredChars, '', strip_tags($product['description'])));

Hope, it help...

Hi,

When I goto the module in the BO I get the error.

Parse error(s) in module(s)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /classes/Module.php(492) : eval()'d code on line 1

Regards

Nick

The file is the same as mine. Try to revert the changes back and see if the error occurs again.

Hello, i have instaled the module and only update the meta _title. What can be happening?

Great module , but when i try to edit products give error, 2 erros

• meta_titulo (Portugues) is invalid
  • quantity is need

How to repair this i cannot edit any product .

Thanks

B.R

I used it and lost all my meta keywords, how I can recover them. Or how I can modify like,

name of product, sub category name, category name, some discription, shop name ?

I think we can edit shop name in contact like: shopname to, some discription, shopname, but how about sub category and category ?

Ex, with this module easy to mydidy my meta title to: my shopname is now (the best eshop fashion, 24hurt.eu)

T-shirt 1-2-3, the best eshop fashion, 24hurt.eu

but I want my site display T-shirt 1-2-3, spring season, for men, the best eshop fashion, 24hurt.eu

I can I do ?

Thank you,

Just wondering if it necessary to fill meta descritpion and meta title. Aren't they already pickuped up by prestashop using product name and short description? Or it is really better to copy and past them in the meta tags?

Just wondering if it necessary to fill meta descritpion and meta title. Aren't they already pickuped up by prestashop using product name and short description? Or it is really better to copy and past them in the meta tags?

hi davers44,

yes, you have right. It's not my module, I just add option to use this default functionality... in this case the module update meta_description to null and then PS will take short description and put it to the meta_description.

Hi

I have PS1.4.7, after Products SEO Update I have null in Meta-description. Doesnt matter if I choose default/long/short description.

Tryed to do fix by _matis_ and nothing... In default/short description script is done ok, but meta-description is null, and with long description script shows error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''CA-5 P znakomita centrala alarmowa nowej generacji. Świetnie sprawdza się w n' at line 1

Any help?

greetings!

I'd love to get this to function in 1.4.7 as well.

If I select short description it goes through but meta tags for description are empty. If I select long desciption it gives error message about syntax which is also mentioned before. Anybody who could help with this?

Hi all,

feel free to download new version of this module.

Version 0.4:

• Fixed generating product's Meta description - now it works as expected
  • Fixed issue with "You have an error in your SQL syntax" error message
  • Added warning messages
  • Cleaned and optimized code

Just unzip zip file into the module folder.

Tested on Prestashop 1.4.8.2.

Enjoy

seoupdater 0.4.zip

• Like 6

Hello _matis_, I am using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 with two languages. Will the French language accented letters be a problem? Thanks in advance for your response. Bribri

i have used this module , everything is worked fine ..

but the problem arise is i cant able to edit my long description part in the product page , its showing error :

"" error2.png

1 error

• this field META title (English (English)) is invalid ""

plz gimme solution for this asap as worked has been stopped due to this error.

www.memoryxchange.com

Hello _matis_, I am using Prestashop 1.4.8.2 with two languages. Will the French language accented letters be a problem? Thanks in advance for your response. Bribri

Hi bribrigig,

no, accented letters are not a problem - tested with Slovak accented letters.

So backup your DB and try it.

i have used this module , everything is worked fine ..

but the problem arise is i cant able to edit my long description part in the product page , its showing error :

"" error2.png

1 error

• this field META title (English (English)) is invalid ""

plz gimme solution for this asap as worked has been stopped due to this error.

www.memoryxchange.com

Hi,

try to look to this thread, hope it helps..