This is my first time doing a Module, so I hope this work well for all the community
I made a module to automatically update the most common SEO meta tags: title, description and keywords, because it drived me crazy to do it manually, and updating products every time that the category was updated.
In this first approach I made it for categories and products, but in the future I expect to extends the features.
SEO Updater features
- Update categories meta title. Based on the name of the category and the option.
- Update products meta title. Based on the product name.
- Include (or not) your shop name in the title. You have the option to include your shop name after or before the category or product name.
- Include manufacturer name to the title, before product_name.
- Choose to update all products/categories or just the new ones.
- Ability to use the product keywords as the same categories keywords.
- Just put the folder (in the zip file attached) into the module folder of your shop.
Version 0.3.1 is working on a running Prestashop Version 188.8.131.52. Please report any bug that you may find on this post.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome!
Version 0.3.1 (by Matis75)
- Added manufacturer_name to the title, before product_name
- Added option to not use shop name in meta_title
- Added option to use default Prestashop meta_description (if meta_description is empty, Prestashop will automatically add short_description to the meta_description while page generation)
- Fix to ' in the prefix for both category & Products.
- Prefix is not any more usable.
- Added name of the shop to the title, with the option to place it to the right or left.
- Used Navigation pipe from configuration by default.
- Added information messages