polosat

[Free Module] Product Countdown (PS 1.5/1.6/1.7)

Hi everyone!

Here is my countdown timer module for products.
You can use it with specific prices or activate it manually for chosen products.

Use a default position or place a countdown anywhere you like with a custom hook.

Multistore / multilanguage support, compatible with PrestaShop 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
2 themes are included. And of course you can edit them or create your own.

Included translations:

• English (default)
  • Spanish (many thanks to DarkDudae)
  • Polish (many thanks to Rynraf)
  • Catalan (many thanks to Francesc)
  • Portuguese (many thanks to dfmrego)
  • Dutch (many thanks to Blij)
  • Russian

Version 1.2.8

- small fixes and improvements

Any feedback would be highly appreciated :)

1.jpg2.jpg

psproductcountdown.zip

Edited by polosat
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well, since there is no more info, I've fixed the space problem and made some other changes :)
Version 1.1.0:
 - added PS 1.5 support
 - added cache settings
 - added additional instructions
 - timezone fixes

What problem?

Uploading is not like making demo

It does not appear on my screen

Edited by bynovita

Uploading is not like making demo

It does not appear on my screen

Do you mean that countdown isn't shown in your Front Office?

Maybe a cache issue? Try to clear Smarty cache.

Also please make sure that you've set some specific prices with correct dates or have added countdown manually.

Hola:

Muchas gracias por el módulo!

papuki

You're welcome, thanks for the comment:)

Good evening, first of all I apologize for my English, I use translate. I can not load the module, it gives me the following error: [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file: /..../ modules / psproductcountdown / psproductcountdown.php:
syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')'
Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Good evening, first of all I apologize for my English, I use translate. I can not load the module, it gives me the following error: [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file: /..../ modules / psproductcountdown / psproductcountdown.php:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

That's strange, try to re-upload the module.

Does it show you line number of error in the error message?

i have the same problem trying to install the module, I can not load the module, it gives me the following error: [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file: /..../ modules / psproductcountdown / psproductcountdown.php:

there are some errors in psproductcountdown.php.

i have the same problem trying to install the module, I can not load the module, it gives me the following error: [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file: /..../ modules / psproductcountdown / psproductcountdown.php:

there are some errors in psproductcountdown.php.

Thanks for your report! I'll re-check it.

Could you try to install it with enabled debug mode? Does it show you line number of error in the error message?

( https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/ )

Thanks in advance

I am facing same issue, Its not uploading :(

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/sites/jayger.co.uk/public_html/modules/psproductcountdown/psproductcountdown.php:

Now its not letting me to open any module 

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/sites/jayger.co.uk/public_html/modules/psproductcountdown/psproductcountdown.php:[/size]syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')'[/size]

Now its not letting me to open any module [/size]

Hi,

You can simply delete the module's directory via FTP: /modules/psproductcountdown/

Or even just delete the module at the Modules page in your Back Office (delete, not uninstall).

Unfortunately without more detailed info I didn't found that error yet...

Dear Polosat,

I want to quickly post a message to let you know there is no problem at all installing or using your module on PS1.6.0.14, so I have no idea what versions others experiencing problems have, but it must not be this one. You can cross it out from the list of things to check :P

For the record I unzipped directly on the Linux server running the testserver, then moved the whole folder to the /modules/ directory as it was in the zip without changing any permissions.

Thank you very much for this free module, let me know if I can help somehow.

When I get some time soon, I will try to go mess around my themes tpl to try include on there the nice countdown in the homefeatured and the categories listing for the selected products :)

Again Thank you.

Regards!

Tony

Edited by Muad'Dib

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your comment! :)
Feel free to ask for support if you need anything.

It seems the error is related to old PHP versions, I'll release a new version soon.

Hey Polosat,

If it can help here is what my test server is running.

Server information
Server information Linux #1 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:47:42 UTC 2016 x86_64
Server software version Apache
PHP version 5.5.35
Memory limit 512M
Max execution time 300

Database information
MySQL version 5.1.73-2+squeeze+build1+1-log
MySQL engine MyISAM

Since I have limited time at the moment I could not have an extended look at your code, only had a quick peak so far, however, playing with options, I might have found an options you might find interesting to add if not too much of a hassle

At the moment for obvious reasons, your module cannot find articles having a specific cart COUPON-CODE discount type, limited to that particular article or not, article category or such.

Might be interesting thing to have.

Note I am only sharing ideas, I have not checked yet if that is doable or not ;)
Would require some browsing of ps_cart_rule for sure but aside that :P

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Tony

Hey Polast,

Thank you for a great free module. I`m facing with one problem, when I added a hook to product.tpl it doesn`t show me right countdown.

Here is an example countdown.png

At the moment for obvious reasons, your module cannot find articles having a specific cart COUPON-CODE discount type, limited to that particular article or not, article category or such.

Hi Tony,

Well... if you mean discounts that customer can use by entering coupon code, then I not sure that they can be used - without knowing a code a customer can't use them and shouldn't see a countdown I think...

Hey Polast,

Thank you for a great free module. I`m facing with one problem, when I added a hook to product.tpl it doesn`t show me right countdown.

Here is an example

Hi manaxi,

Hmm, it seems the outer container doesn't have enough width and so there is no space for countdown.

Could you send me an URL of that page?

But I think the simplest way to fix it is to unhook this module from the "displayProductButtons" hook and place a custom hook in the right place at the product page.

• Like 1

I had easier solution to fix that, by editing module .css.time width. Because there was enough space for countdown...

And is there anyway to leave only Hours, Mins, Secs, to delete Days?

I had easier solution to fix that, by editing module .css.time width. Because there was enough space for countdown...

And is there anyway to leave only Hours, Mins, Secs, to delete Days?

Oh, I see. Glad that you managed it :)

Yes, you can hide days via css too. Use this code:

.psproductcountdown .pspc-main .days {
    display: none;
}

Hi,

good module, but I have a big problem with another countdown module to show a countdown in the home page.

the countdown jquery are not compatible when the 2 modules are both activated. 

With your module is it possible to add a fixed countdown also in the home page?

Thanks

Angela

Hi,

good module, but I have a big problem with another countdown module to show a countdown in the home page.

the countdown jquery are not compatible when the 2 modules are both activated. 

With your module is it possible to add a fixed countdown also in the home page?

Thanks

Angela

Hi Angela,

Could you show me an example? Maybe I can fix that incompatibility.

What do you mean by fixed countdown?

Hello. First of all, thanks too much for the cron.

I was looking for one long time ago. The black one is really cool.

But I have a problem, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/dxmtB6i

The cron product is over the next product tittle because an oversize, so what can I do to fix it? Knowing that my knowledge is very low. More than my english :D

Thanks again for all.

Hello. First of all, thanks too much for the cron.

I was looking for one long time ago. The black one is really cool.

But I have a problem, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/dxmtB6i

The cron product is over the next product tittle because an oversize, so what can I do to fix it? Knowing that my knowledge is very low. More than my english :D

Thanks again for all.

Hello!

Well, seems the problem is that product blocks have a fixed height and there is no space for countdown. Could you show me a live example on your site? I'll try to make some changes to fix that problem.

Hello!

Well, seems the problem is that product blocks have a fixed height and there is no space for countdown. Could you show me a live example on your site? I'll try to make some changes to fix that problem.

Thanks for your fast answer.

http://coarpe.es/linea/55-ofertas

The blue item now. It is over the next item and you cant see the button "Añadir al carrito" (Add to cart) unless you pass the pointer over it.

Best regards.

Thanks for your fast answer.

http://coarpe.es/linea/55-ofertas

The blue item now. It is over the next item and you cant see the button "Añadir al carrito" (Add to cart) unless you pass the pointer over it.

Best regards.

Ok, I've added some custom styles, please try it. Simply install the changed module from attachment and clear the cache.

psproductcountdown.zip

• Like 1

Ok, I've added some custom styles, please try it. Simply install the changed module from attachment and clear the cache.

Thanks again really much.

Now it works perfect ^^

Thanks again really much.

Now it works perfect ^^

That's great, nice to hear it :)

good module thank you  :o

Edited by GT ITECH

Hi Angela,

Could you show me an example? Maybe I can fix that incompatibility.

What do you mean by fixed countdown?

Hi, 

can I send you a test site in which there are 2 countdown installed?

thanks

Angela

Hi, 

can I send you a test site in which there are 2 countdown installed?

thanks

Angela

Yes, please send it to me.

Hello and thank you for sharing :)

It is possible to put this countdown on homepage slider ? Because i want to make a countdown for a specific category,not to product by product.

You have an example of a flashsales homepage : http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/flash-sale_6829

Thank you,

Hello!

Do you mean slider with products by "homepage slider"?

You can place countdown anywhere by using a custom hook, but this module can't create a countdown for specific category.

Hello!

Do you mean slider with products by "homepage slider"?

You can place countdown anywhere by using a custom hook, but this module can't create a countdown for specific category.

Thank you for response!

I`m searching how to create a custom hook..

Thank you for response!

I`m searching how to create a custom hook..

You can use this code to display countdown:

{hook h='PSProductCountdown' id_product=ID}

Where ID usually is $product->id or $product.id_product depending on template where you insert this code.

• Like 1

Hello:

Thanks for this great module!

However, I have a problem. When I select a category, the countdown is not properly centered.

Any advice?

countdown.png

Hello:

Thanks for this great module!

However, I have a problem. When I select a category, the countdown is not properly centered.

Any advice?

Hello!

Maybe it's because of small style conflict with your theme.

Could you post the URL of your site? I'll check it.

Hello!

Maybe it's because of small style conflict with your theme.

Could you post the URL of your site? I'll check it.

I think you are right, maybe something related with the three buttons that appear when you mouse over the product. However, in the main page the countdown apperas correctly at the bottom of the product.

Here you are the URL:

http://58151425.swh.strato-hosting.eu/prestashop/

And this is the category where you can see the problem: http://velliti.es/es/8-vestidos

By the way, if you need the translated php module file into spanish, just let me know!

Edited by DarkDudae

Try to add this code to your psproductcountdown.css:

.product_list .psproductcountdown {
    left: 0;
}

Spanish translation would be great, thanks!

Try to add this code to your psproductcountdown.css:

.product_list .psproductcountdown {
    left: 0;
}

Spanish translation would be great, thanks!

Thank you again.

It is working perfectly now!

Here you are the Spanish translation:

http://velliti.es/es.zip

Hello again, I have a new problem:

In the main page (http://velliti.es), if you do some scroll down to TODOS LOS PRODUCTOS (All products) section, you can see two flash sales. Since the countdown appears at the botton of the image and not over the image itself, the next items row under those flash sales don´t appear.

I think is a problem similar as the previously commented by another user.

Here you are a screenshot:

countdown2.png

Edited by DarkDudae

Hello again, I have a new problem:

In the main page (http://velliti.es), if you do some scroll down to TODOS LOS PRODUCTOS (All products) section, you can see two flash sales. Since the countdown appears at the botton of the image and not over the image itself, the next items row under those flash sales don´t appear.

I think is a problem similar as the previously commented by another user.

Here you are a screenshot:

Hi,

Well, actually it's not exactly because of countdown. The same would happen because of any other element changing height of product block.

Try to add these styles:

.item-product .product-contents .hook-reviews, ul.product_list > li .product-container .product-contents .hook-reviews {
    position: absolute;
    top: 100px;
    right: 1px;
    left: 1px;
}
.cate_item:hover .psproductcountdown {
}

By the way, I've updated the module, now you can add CSS right in the module's settings.

Thanks again for the reply:

Something weird:

Firstly, I applied the provided code in the css directly. And it worked perfectly.

However, after that I updated the module to the new version as you suggested, and now it is not working: neither adding the custom CSS code in the new module configuration window nor editing the css file directly.

Right now, and before installing the old version to fix the problem, I'll leave the new version installed a couple of days in case it can help you to debug the problem.

Greetings!

EDIT:

I think I've found the problem:

When you save a custom CSS, there must be some text conversion during de database updating, since the character ">" is changed automatically to ">". I copied this "bad" code to the css file directly, and that was the reason it didn´t work.

I copied the right code to the css manually and it is working correctly.

The only issue I've found so far is that the countdown is not appearing in the TOP SALES (MÁS VENDIDOS in Spanish) block, while it was working before applying the new css lines. Do you think that if I add the hook directly to the TPL file of that block will solve the problem?

Thanks again

Edited by DarkDudae

EDIT:

I think I've found the problem:

When you save a custom CSS, there must be some text conversion during de database updating, since the character ">" is changed automatically to ">". I copied this "bad" code to the css file directly, and that was the reason it didn´t work.

I copied the right code to the css manually and it is working correctly.

The only issue I've found so far is that the countdown is not appearing in the TOP SALES (MÁS VENDIDOS in Spanish) block, while it was working before applying the new css lines. Do you think that if I add the hook directly to the TPL file of that block will solve the problem?

Thanks again

Oops, many thanks for the report :) Yes, the problem was in the ">" conversion, I've made a fix.

Yes, I think adding hook to the TPL file should solve it.

psproductcountdown.zip

First at all  thank you for the module and the improvements you've made. I have the following problem - every day we reduce the price of certain products for a period of two weeks.

In the promotions page you can see when expires the promotion of each product - http://naturabg.com/promocii.

But on the home page all products are shown with the same period of the promotion - the period of the last reduction - http://naturabg.com/.

Do you have any idea what is the problem. Thanks in advance. 

First at all  thank you for the module and the improvements you've made. I have the following problem - every day we reduce the price of certain products for a period of two weeks.

In the promotions page you can see when expires the promotion of each product - http://naturabg.com/promocii.

But on the home page all products are shown with the same period of the promotion - the period of the last reduction - http://naturabg.com/.

Do you have any idea what is the problem. Thanks in advance. 

Hi!

I think it may be some kind of cache issue.

Please try to clear the cache (at the Performance tab) and see if it helps.

Hi!

I think it may be some kind of cache issue.

Please try to clear the cache (at the Performance tab) and see if it helps.

Thank you for the reply. I tried this several times but the problem was not solved.

Thank you for the reply. I tried this several times but the problem was not solved.

Please try this version of the module, hopefully it'll help.

psproductcountdown.zip

This works great. Thank you very much - http://naturabg.com/

I have another question - is it possible the specials products to be ordered by the date of the expiration of the reduction not by alphabetical order.

This works great. Thank you very much - http://naturabg.com/

I have another question - is it possible the specials products to be ordered by the date of the expiration of the reduction not by alphabetical order.

That's great :)

Hmm, you mean specials block at the homepage? You need to modify that module pretty much to achieve it.

Hello and thank you for this module.

Just one question: How to define the time of the countdown?

Thank you.

Hello and thank you for this module.

Just one question: How to define the time of the countdown?

Thank you.

Hello!

Time can be defined in the same place as a date of countdown - during specific price creation or at the "Product countdown" tab in product options.

That's great :)

Hmm, you mean specials block at the homepage? You need to modify that module pretty much to achieve it.

Yes, I mean at the homepage and here too - http://naturabg.com/promocii. Obviously this problem concerns specials block not countdown module. Thank you very much for your support.

Sorry again, but i do not see any Product countdown tab :(

It may be called also "Module psproductcountdown". Take a look at the screenshot

post-452402-0-71388000-1491652845_thumb.png

Yes, I mean at the homepage and here too - http://naturabg.com/promocii. Obviously this problem concerns specials block not countdown module. Thank you very much for your support.

Yes, you have to edit module Block Specials to change the order of products. To be more precise, you need to override the function Product::getPricesDrop() or just copy it to the module and edit it there.

I have one more question. I like this style of the module http://velliti.es/. Is it possible to add this style to the version you've sent to me. Thank you in advance.

I have one more question. I like this style of the module http://velliti.es/. Is it possible to add this style to the version you've sent to me. Thank you in advance.

Sure, I'll send you necessary CSS code at Monday

I already had this module working last year but since then i updated to 1.6.1.11 and now i cant find the module.

So i downloaded it again and uploaded it to my modules page and it said success, But the number of modules did not increase and it's not listed anywhere under the zip name or uninstalled modules. It just does not show up.

Any reason why? Are there instruction anywhere?

Sure, I'll send you necessary CSS code at Monday

ОК, thank you very much!

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by style? I thought you mean showing countdown over product image, but it seems to be already working that way

I already had this module working last year but since then i updated to 1.6.1.11 and now i cant find the module.

So i downloaded it again and uploaded it to my modules page and it said success, But the number of modules did not increase and it's not listed anywhere under the zip name or uninstalled modules. It just does not show up.

Any reason why? Are there instruction anywhere?

Well, I afraid I can only suggest you to try to reinstall it again and make sure that there are no filters set at the Modules page... Maybe also try to clear the cache.

• Like 1

Can I disable a product based on the countdown? change the "product: {active = "1"}   to => "0"} "

Best Regards gentleman's

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by style? I thought you mean showing countdown over product image, but it seems to be already working that way

Well, I afraid I can only suggest you to try to reinstall it again and make sure that there are no filters set at the Modules page... Maybe also try to clear theI want

Yes,  I mean showing countdown over product image. It was so, but after  installing the last version you send to me is returned to previous view and now countdown is displayed below the image.  

Well, I afraid I can only suggest you to try to reinstall it again and make sure that there are no filters set at the Modules page... Maybe also try to clear the cache.

It was the Author filter set to Prestashop only. I have never seen this set that way before. Either way it's now installed and working perfectly.

Thanks again for a very nice module.

Can I disable a product based on the countdown? change the "product: {active = "1"}   to => "0"} "

Best Regards gentleman's

Sorry, I not sure I understand what do you mean. Where do you want to disable a product?

Yes,  I mean showing countdown over product image. It was so, but after  installing the last version you send to me is returned to previous view and now countdown is displayed below the image.  

Oh, I see. Sorry, I got it all mixed up a bit :)

Here is the code, paste it to the "Custom CSS" field:

.product_list .psproductcountdown {
    width: 270px;
    opacity: 1;
    top: 130px;
}
.ajax_block_product:hover .psproductcountdown {
}
.pspc-main .label {
    text-shadow: 0 0 4px white;
}

(Change the "top" value if you want to adjust the vertical position of countdown.)

It was the Author filter set to Prestashop only. I have never seen this set that way before. Either way it's now installed and working perfectly.

Thanks again for a very nice module.

That's great, you're welcome :)

okay, I was trying to get some "logic" of Json webservice's result to explain. So, every product has an option to disable - it says "Enable or disable the product on your shop: ALT+SHIFT+O" - This change the estate of the product from offline to "online" and vice-versa. And there's no module or option on prestashop to "countdown" if we wanna the product out of the catalog in a specifc date for some reason.

okay, I was trying to get some "logic" of Json webservice's result to explain. So, every product has an option to disable - it says "Enable or disable the product on your shop: ALT+SHIFT+O" - This change the estate of the product from offline to "online" and vice-versa. And there's no module or option on prestashop to "countdown" if we wanna the product out of the catalog in a specifc date for some reason.

Ok, I see. I afraid this module can't do it right now and it needs some pretty significant changes to implement this feature.

Sorry, I not sure I understand what do you mean. Where do you want to disable a product?

Oh, I see. Sorry, I got it all mixed up a bit :)

Here is the code, paste it to the "Custom CSS" field:

.product_list .psproductcountdown {
    width: 270px;
    opacity: 1;
    top: 130px;
}
.ajax_block_product:hover .psproductcountdown {
}
.pspc-main .label {
    text-shadow: 0 0 4px white;
}

(Change the "top" value if you want to adjust the vertical position of countdown.)

That's great, you're welcome :)

Yes! With custo CSS it works perfect. Thank you again! :mellow:

Hi, I like the module but how to disable it from showing the timer to some blocks?

Hi, I like the module but how to disable it from showing the timer to some blocks?

Hi, what blocks do you mean?

Thank you for quick reply. This screenshot below. Cannot upload here though.

https://www.screencast.com/t/VPxYqzqM

https://www.screencast.com/t/pMNxNpS9uryo

Hmm, I think you need to use a custom hook then. Unhook the module from its default product list hook and paste a hook's code to the templates you need.

The code depends on your template but most likely it would be

{hook h='PSProductCountdown' id_product=$product.id_product}

Also you can simply hide unnecessary timers with CSS, although the first way is preferred.

I am using PS1.7.1 and the layout does not seem correct. Any ideas plz.

On the product list page the countdown totally obscures the image, its not as the demo.

countdown1.jpg

Then on the product page, it is displayed but with no indication that this is the time left to buy at that price. And the timer should be inserted below the text 'Tax included'

countdown2.jpg

Hello,

I m using your productcount module.

i have configure it.

but it dones not show in front side.

If i added it manually for product then it will display, but not in all specil price.

Please help.

I am using PS1.7.1 and the layout does not seem correct. Any ideas plz.

On the product list page the countdown totally obscures the image, its not as the demo.

Then on the product page, it is displayed but with no indication that this is the time left to buy at that price. And the timer should be inserted below the text 'Tax included'

Hi,

1) In PrestaShop 1.7 built-in hooks allows only that kind of displaying of countdown. The only thing you can do is manually add a custom hook to your template.

2) Well, the indication text is hidden by default, you can show it by adding this code to the Custom CSS field:

.psproductcountdown .pspc-offer-ends {display:block;}

3) Ok, I'll try to find another position at the product page

Hello,

I m using your productcount module.

i have configure it.

but it dones not show in front side.

If i added it manually for product then it will display, but not in all specil price.

Please help.

Hello,

Please check that your specific prices have start date and end date.

For count down it uses machine datetime and not server datetime 

how to fix it ??

Hmm, could you show me a page with example countdown?

Well, a countdown works correctly independently of visitor timezone and uses server's time as a time of finish. But if a visitor has really wrong time, then of course a countdown will show wrong results.

If you mean that problem, then I not sure how it can be fixed. Maybe some sync of time with server but I not sure whether it'll work really fine.

Let us take the example of a price reduction during a well defined period then a customer can switch back a little time to buy a product with a discount while the promotion is completed. You know what I mean ?? So it becomes defective not ??

Edited by waelmiladi

I see, it makes sense.
But promotions are controlled by the server, so customers won't be able to use expired promotions (it is built-in PrestaShop functionality).
The only thing that can be achieved with switching time back is displaying still running coundown. I'll try to find a solution for this problem.

Hi, cool module, thx.

I have strange error about not able to load tab. But only when adding NEW product - https://snag.gy/SVAC9Y.jpg

Can you help?

PS 1.6

Hi,

Yes, it seems there is such a problem on PS 1.6.0, thanks for the report.

I'll fix it in a couple of days.