Prestashop Fraud Prevention Techniques

cyanoxide

Hello everyone,

I've been running a site with Prestashop over the past three years and one thing that we've just excepted over that time is that we are going to be hit by some fraudulent orders and from what I've seen there aren't many options to prevent it. I just wanted to make a thread and see what other people are doing to solve this problem on their sites. The products sold on our site are quite high priced so we lose a fair bit of money if we accidentally ship out a fraudulent order.

Prestashop has a page specifically dedicated to pointing people in the right direction when it comes to Fraud prevention (http://doc.prestashop.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=20578435) but it seems pretty outdated. There are three options they suggest the first looks promising but there entire website is french and a lot of the content on the page is served in images so google translate isn't much help in deciphering it. The second is a simple order rating module that lets us know what risk the order is to us but it's pretty basic and at this point in the process the fraudulent order has all ready been made so it's not all that useful as we've become pretty good at spotting these orders anyway (This is similar to Fraud labs pro but more basic) and relying on something like this lets orders slip through the cracks. The final option they mention is promising as its a module that you can install that promises that that you'll get 100% chargebacks for any order it approves. However when I requested a demo of this they told me they no longer support prestashop despite there being information on the subject on both the prestashops website and their own so that information is no longer valid.

There are also many third party businesses that offer this "100% chargeback" service but none of them seem to work with prestashop as far as I can tell.

With the amount of people out there using Prestashop there must be some sort of solution out there to help combat this so I'd love to know what your recommendations are.