The weirdest problem ever

ptemmerman

Hi,

I'm suffering this very weird and bothering problem:

When I change a product combination, let's say the weight of an item, I click save but the weight remains to it's old value. However, when I visit the shop, the weight actually has been changed,

When I edit a product description and press Save, the text goes back to the version before being edited. When I visit the shop, the description has not been changed,

Also, the icons at the very top that indicate new orders/clients/messages never get reset. For example, when I click the the order icon, the number above it disappears. However, when I reload the page or load any other page, the number above the icon is back again.

Strangely, when a new order is being place, the number goes up without any problem.

I'm qbout to go nuts here! So for my mental health, if someone could shed a light on this, I would really appreciate (so does my [spam-filter]). :-)

Thanks!

El Patrón. Thanks for the reply muy señor mío. :-)

I do have caching enabled, however I wouldn't expect caching to actually cache my backend as well. I mean, it doesn't make any sense that I update a product description and I don't actually see the update in the backend itself. As if I didn't change anything :-)

I already contacted my hosting company. They use Nginx as proxy-cache.

I'm going to contact them again to disable all types of caching on my backend URL. Hope that helps...

Gracias friendo.

El Patrón. Thanks for the reply muy señor mío. :-)

I do have caching enabled, however I wouldn't expect caching to actually cache my backend as well. I mean, it doesn't make any sense that I update a product description and I don't actually see the update in the backend itself. As if I didn't change anything :-)

I already contacted my hosting company. They use Nginx as proxy-cache.

I'm going to contact them again to disable all types of caching on my backend URL. Hope that helps...

Gracias friendo.

vale, keep us updated on progress...cache is ok for say wp...etc...but can create great havoc for ecommerce cms.....you should test very carefully all aspects of your cart espeically checkout....it's probably broken, make sure to test via incognito, return visitors login etc.....cache is evil for ecms...