Looking for test user and brain stormer

Hi everybody,

I am on the way to develop a rapid product builder for PrestaShop. The solution should be 50 times faster than usual setups with import. Looking for somebody as test user and brain stormer. Should have knowledge about PrestShop MySql data structure and bulk product building. Please check out the attached screen shot  leave a note.

Regards

Wolfgang

post-869284-0-68971000-1478804029_thumb.png

of most interest for me:

What is (still) a time consuming process at product setup or management for you?

How do you marry product images and product data?

I am missing a smart strategy for distributed, multi step bulk product setup. What about you?

I like to talk to somebody with experience of adding > 5,000 products.

Hi  Wgeppert,

Yup, I am having exactly the same thoughts. Was thinking of writing a c# app to do it.

PrestaShop's import (as export) is extremely limited so I was working directly with the SQL database, which is not ideal

Looks like you already have something in place. I am in the process of uploading vast amounts for products into the Presta database (not live yet), so I would be very happy to assist you as this is helping me too.

Best regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

good to hear from you. Once in a while I thought I am the only one with this kind of problem. I like prestashop but the back office and adding products is pain in the a**. My prototype is running already and I make experience how to improve the whole process.

For example:shooting product images and the last one with barcode, the product creation should be done automated and can be merged with existing data. Or rapid data accumulation during shooting. I guess my process will be 50 times faster than PS.

Lets share email and Skype.

Wolfgang