[SOLVED] RSS Feed For Google Base/Google Merchant Center Submission

There is no Google Base module in PrestaShop. The RSS product feed module (in the Products section) simply allows customers to subscribe to all your products using an RSS feed on your site. The RSS feed block (in the Blocks section) lets you display entries from an external RSS feed (not the one generated by PrestaShop for performance reasons). I can't find any official Google Base module thread, but appears a Google Base module exists, since it has been posted by someone using it here.

EDIT: I found the official page for the module here.

So, where would I find the RSS feed for my store?

What I'm going for here is something similar to what I'm doing now in my other store--go to the RSS feed, save it as an .xml file on my desktop and then manually submit THAT file to Google Base.

There is no Google Base module in PrestaShop. The RSS product feed module (in the Products section) simply allows customers to subscribe to all your products using an RSS feed on your site. The RSS feed block (in the Blocks section) lets you display entries from an external RSS feed (not the one generated by PrestaShop for performance reasons). I can't find any official Google Base module thread, but appears a Google Base module exists, since it has been posted by someone using it here.

Well, what do people do to get their products listed in Google Shopping?

I've never used Google Base nor Google Shopping, so I have no idea how people submit their products. I assumed that the module I linked to must handle that.

When you install the "RSS product feed" module, the RSS icon in your browser should appear when you visit your site. If you click the icon, you are redirected to http://www.yoursite.com/modules/feeder/rss.php?id_category=0&orderby=position&orderway=ASC, which displays as a feed in your browser.

I will so try that, thank you very much.

I will add though that I think submitting to Google Base is a necessary thing, anything PrestaShop can do to help folks do that would be very helpful to a LOT of people. Just something I'm tossing out there to consider.

And as always I very much appreciate your kind responses to my questions.
:)

Have a wonderful evening!

Just to let other folks know, I did get the module mentioned above (see link in the EDIT paragraph/sentence) to work with 1.3.

I have this module installed on version 1.2.2 and it had been working great for months. Two days ago, for no apparent reason, when updating my feed file a got the 'hack attempt' error that has been discussed before in this forum. The feed file updates but truncates at 505 products exactly each time. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

This module is no longer work with Google, the XML file provided from this module has been disapproved by Google Merchant Center. Been there try it, done that, and just try it again today, like... right now. Still not working.