Can't access back office

silee44

Question

Hi I was having intermittent problems with my cloud back office today and now I can't access it at all.  If I wait forever I get a bad gateway message.  I put in a ticket but are those typically addressed during business hours?

Thanks

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

Hi. I have absolutely the same problem for the past 24 hrs. I have opened ticket with Prestashop support, but no answer whatsoever so far.

The same issue - stalling for ages when trying to access the back end, then Bad Gateway message. Now the front store doesn't work either, the same issue.

I hope someone from Prestashop Support can hear this...

• Like 1

Same problem here. So when the Canadian servers are down, that takes out all American sites as well? This is terribly disruptive for our nonprofit. :( This seems to happen every few months... I left a message on "MyPresta" via Facebook, but I doubt they will help. They did not last time either.

Please post updates if any of you hear anything new!

I am having the same issue. I noticed it on Tuesday night, it was fine Wednesday morning so I didn't pay much attention. But last night and today at 5pm I noticed that my shop was down. I can't even access the back office. I opened a ticket and received a response that did not address my question at ALL. Their message spoke about how Prestashop plans to change for their cloud hosting, which I don't have any problem with paying as long as their service is reliable and they actually answer our inquiries. This is the second night in a row that my Shop is down and there is nothing I can do about it. When I called their phone number today I was sent to voicemail. I am not sure if they are not working today, because it is a holiday, but this also means that I can't speak to anyone until Monday, because Prestashop employees don't work on the weekends.

I am quite upset about having to wait the entire week to be able to speak to a person as well as the fact that I am losing money while my shop is down. Not to mention the fact that if people attempt to visit my shop and cannot it will make them think that my shop is not secure enough and may discourage them from returning.  

• Like 1

I left a message on "MyPresta" via Facebook,

hello
unfortunately - this is the question for prestashop cloud managers, 
I - as a third party developer - cant say more about what exactly goes on there, i just have no privileges to check it because it's not mine service.

facts are sad, cloud websites will be disabled, one by one, It's a matter of the nearest future. 
its better to host website on own hosting to avoid such problems. Just read forums, shops disappear, one by one.

i know that this is not a solution for your issue, but unfortunately - this is all what i can do in this case, ps cloud is dying.

:(

They told me on Facebook that I must have exceeded the Cloud's limits. I think perhaps I have, as I do have about 650 products, as well as many photos for each. I saw no where what the limits were posted though, so I just kept adding the products. We serve a very niche group, so we don't have much in sales or rentals, but the steady customers we do have rely upon us. I think I'm going to have to switch to something else. I am no web designer and I don't want to be. It is all too exhausting as well as handling sales and my busy personal life. I used to have ipage hosting for a oscommerce store, but that crashed too, with no way for me to get my information. Everything was lost, just like my new website hosted with Prestashop is. I am so sick of this. We don't make enough money to afford a nice website with paid staff. The few we have helping are volunteers (including myself). I think we'll have to switch to an ebay store, but that is pricey as well. I feel sick over the whole thing. Let me know if any of you have other ideas. The tech support here is almost non-existent (not that I can complain because we're not paying anything). It just stinks to lose everything we spent so much time on!

I'm sorry you are all suffering with this as well.

Our store was going through a refresh. I had wiped everything off the website and had 1 product loaded. I don't think it's got anything to do with the product limit. As Vekia notes the free cloud hosting seems to be going away. It's no longer an option if you want to create a new shop. You are given the option to download prestashop and/or "partner" with a hosting service.

As far as I am aware yes all sites created by North Americans are hosted out of Canada.

I wonder how many new customers Magento is going to get out of these screw ups and how that's going to work for their funding rounds

Edited by janitha (see edit history)

For the past 3 dayys I have been tryig to access the Back Office of my website.. It keeps giving me this error message...........

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /backoffice/index.php on this server

So HOW am I supposed to access the back-end of my website? Can someone please help me, thanks..