How can I add an announcement to the top menu links line?

Hi, Team! :)

At the very top of the template where it says “Sitemap,” “Contact,” “Sign in,” “Your Account” , I want to add this announcement on that same line, so customers notice it when they arrive at the website.

Over $49.00 FREE SHIPPING!

I also want to be able to update that text regularly so I don't want it to be a graphic.

I used this tutorial as a guideline but it did not help.

http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-how-to-edit-menu-titles.html

Any advice please?

you dont need to make a backup,

this module does not change any files etc.

if you will not want to use it - just disable / uninstall the module and text will disappear.

All I want to do is add a phrase, not a link, to the bar I attached a screenshot of.

you can add there any kind of contents, links, simple text, pictures etc.

it's only an example, a kind of pattern, know how about "how to add own contents" there.

so in simple words, you can put there simple text too - like you show on the pic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On the very top of my website on the left side it says free shipping over $39.00. I want that to be on the blue bar where the top navigation links are. How do I get it on the blue bar? Right now it is pushing my website down one line.

What did you configure in HTMLBox? Your text should be shown at "display Nav:".

By the way, it's a good idea to link the text to your shipping cost info page.

Edited by rictools (see edit history)

How can I make the left side Nav links be white, please?

Per CSS. Learn how to use the inspect function of your browser (if it's not available on right mouse click, install Firebug in Firefox) to see in which css file the color of this text is defined (or tell us the link to the shop).

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply.

Here's my shop:

https://www.alwayspaws.com

I need to keep the addthis connect buttons where they are for the desktop version so the free shipping notice needs to be in the middle or on the left with the other Nav Links.

I use Sublime to edit files but I've been having trouble finding the sections with Firefox and firebug. I'm on a Mac desktop. (Temporarily I'm on the on my iPhone because I'm waiting for Time Warner to reactivate my service for a new modem/router. )

Change in themes/theme998/css/modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks.css after line 14 color: #111 to color: #fff .

Change in themes/theme998/css/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.css after line 4 color: #111 to color: #fff .

If you want the Free-Shipping-text at the same height remove in HTML-Box the <br> at the beginning!

• Like 1

Hi, Christian,

My nav links are now white and my Free Shipping notice is ALL CAPS and both look much better! Thank you!

I removed the <br> tag but the Free Shipping notice still doesn't line up with the Top Nav Links.

I also want to move the Free Shipping notice closer to the Top Nav Links. I tried text-align: left but, of course, it moved too far to the left.

Here's the htmlbox pro (by Vekia - thank you!) latest code with font color white and all caps:

<div style="padding-left: 30px; text-align: center;"><span style="color: #ffffff;"><a><span style="color: #ffffff;"><br />FREE </span></a><a href="https://www.alwayspaws.com/content/1-shipping-and-returns" target="_blank"><span style="color: #ffffff;">SHIPPING</span></a><a></a><a><span style="color: #ffffff;"> on ORDERS over $39.00</span></a></span></div>
<div style="text-align: center;"></div>

https://www.alwayspaws.com/

I opened FireFox and Firebug but have to study it because I never used it before and it's not highlighting anything when I mouseover what I want to change.

Thank you for your time and trouble. 

Steph

post-1292894-0-93111100-1481435189_thumb.jpg

Edited by pause4paws (see edit history)