Can't install module

cyclone200

Hello,

I've just created my module, I can see it in the  back-office but when I click Install, I have the following error message :

Cannot install module testmodule. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Thank you for your help!

I've just created my module, I can see it in the  back-office but when I click Install, I have the following error mes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's a syntax error in the module or something to do with PrestaShop 1.7

I get a very similar error message from PrestaShop when I try to update any module. I upgraded to the latest PrestaShop 1.7.0.4 today, and was finally able to connect my Modules page to the PrestaShop marketplace, which gives the option then to upgrade directly from that page. However, pressing ANY upgrade button results in this error message:

Cannot upgrade module ps_wirepayment. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

And I do mean ANY upgrade button:

Cannot upgrade module ps_mainmenu. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Cannot upgrade module ps_emailalerts. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Hoping that another update of 1.7 at some point fixes this issue.

Not sure if it's a syntax error in the module or something to do with PrestaShop 1.7

I get a very similar error message from PrestaShop when I try to update any module. I upgraded to the latest PrestaShop 1.7.0.4 today, and was finally able to connect my Modules page to the PrestaShop marketplace, which gives the option then to upgrade directly from that page. However, pressing ANY upgrade button results in this error message:

Cannot upgrade module ps_wirepayment. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

And I do mean ANY upgrade button:

Cannot upgrade module ps_mainmenu. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Cannot upgrade module ps_emailalerts. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Hoping that another update of 1.7 at some point fixes this issue.

Prestashop 1.7.0.4 is already available -- did you try to test it also on this version?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello

i am new in prestashop module development. I am try to build a module with help of  [ http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Creating+a+first+module ] documentation of prestashop and I am getting an error.

Cannot install module testmodule. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42525037/cannot-install-module-mymodule-unfortunately-the-module-did-not-return-additio

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the same issue. I could see it in BO (just folder name no details). I thought about installing well known modules to catch the difference. As a result I had issue in some custom code. Moreover it could be some file permissions issue (not aware but have a look also to this direction).

If you want to overpass the problem, grab a famous module, make the folder totally empty (leave only the main php file, logo and index.php) upload and rename to your own project both folder and main file. Then empty the module class and leave only the required and change the texts to comply with your own project. Then piece by piece:

• put a function from your "original" module class to the new one
  • go to modules section and look for your module
  • if you don't find it or even if you do, you see just module folder name, then there is problem in that specific function
  • repeat till all your code is back in place

Once done and given you have no errors try to uninstall and reinstall the module to check if everything together works as expected!

Kisses from Greece

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi community,

Pushing this topic up again as I thought it might solve itself by updating to 1.7.8.0 however it is still not possible to either upgrade a module via the module page or to manually upload the module. The error is the same as before:

Cannot upgrade module ABC. Unfortunately, the module did not return additional details.

Switched to php 7.4

Tried disable cache

Tried disable the module then update but doesnt work

Anyone else has an idea what to try? Had enabled debug as well but dont know where to look exactly. Someone in another thread has mentioned to delete a cache file and then it worked for them but didnt work for us.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...