Search box does not search any products

4GLte.eu

Do you mean not found in the autocomplete or not found on the search results page? If it's autocomplete, check for JavaScript errors and AJAX errors. If it's the search page, check to make sure the ps_search_index and ps_search_word tables in your database exist and are full of keywords.

hmmm I cant see anything. Could you try www.4Glte.eu ?

If I search the keyword e.g. Huawei I have got some output but If I do a search by any other company line Alcatel, ZTE, Draytek I have got nothing. 

I presume huawei keyword was indexed earlier before it broke.

I can confirm the autocomplete and search pages are working for "Huawei", so it's not a coding issue. It must be an indexing issue.

Go to the Preferences > Search tab and make sure all products are indexed. Click "Add missing products to the index" if they aren't.

Check to make sure your "Minimum word length" is set to an appropriate number first though. It is 3 by default.

You can click the "Rebuild the entire index" link to rebuild the whole index. If a timeout error occurs, go back and click the "Add missing products to index" until you get a success message. 

If you're not sure whether the links are actually working, you can try backing up the ps_search_index and ps_search word tables and then emptying them. Then you can try the link and see if the tables are filled.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I face a similar problem with indexing my products. I have over 190000 products and trying to index them with no success.

Every time i refresh my "preference>serach" page on admin panel , i see different indexed numbers . 100/191048  , After refresh > 1250/1191048  and after a new refresh > 0/191048 . This is really weird isn't it? Of course , every time i click on the indexing link , i got 404 error page after a while . The products are too many

Do you have any suggestion?