Cannot Update Products - Prestashop 1.6.1.7

psbruce

I have recently started with Prestashop and I am almost complete with building my shop.

I have added my products, but for the last 3 days I can't update product information on the backend. When I click "Save" or "Save and Stay", none of my changes are saved.

I have searched the forums extensively and it seems other people have had similar issues on prior versions of Prestashop. The suggestions for solving the problems from other issues were:

1. Clear the browser cache

2. Uninstall any non-Prestashop modules

3. Set server max input vars to 3,000 or higher

I have done these things, but that has not made any difference. Changes that I make to the product page are not saved most of the time. On occasion the change is saved - maybe once out of every 10 attempts. This sporadic nature of the saves makes it difficult to identify the potential problem, since it works sometimes.

The browser console is not reporting any errors on the page. I have set Prestashop to debug mode and this gives me a lot of information. On the times when the update is successful, the redirection is caught and I can see the sql queries that update the mysql database. When the Prestashop does not update the products, there is no redirection - this step seems to be skipped. Prestashop displays the successful update message in both situations, even when it performed no update.

I have not made any changes to the code other than changing colours of text / buttons in the theme css files.

I would really appreciate some help from someone who is experienced in Prestashop.

• 2 years later...
On 10/29/2016 at 12:13 AM, rocky said:

See here. It's a bug that's currently being worked on.

Hi Rocky, the link provided is missing. Any way that you can share a new link to this solution? 

Will really appreciate it. We have the same issue but with 1.7 so it may be the same

Thanks

Juan