Prestashop 1.6.1.7 very very slow

hanisnl

Hello everybody .

I manage a Prestashop 1.6.1.7 .... since a couple of weeks ago, the website is veeeeeery very very slow .
It takes 10-12 seconds for the browser to receive a 25kb html file ... once that loads, everything else loads super fast, as it should .

I did try about everything that I know ... the hosting is really good (a lot of resources / extreme ssd / etc) ... everything is up to date ... and it worked really good until a few weeks back .

When I empty the Cache .. for a couple of minutes it seems to work a little better.

BUT ... randomly .. from time to time .. I get errors in my error_log that smarty cache was unable to write to file .. totally random .

There are a few errors, that also appear to be totally random and I never saw them before :

[20-Oct-2016] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/mainwebsite/cache/smarty/cache/af/d2): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/mainwebsite/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php:196
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/mainwebsite/...', 0)
#1 /home/mainwebsite/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(196): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()
#2 /home/mainwebsite/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php(845): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->clear(Object(SmartyCustom), '/home/mainwebsite/...', NULL, NULL, NULL)
#3 /home/mainwebsite/classes/SmartyCustom.php(156): Smarty->clearCache('/home/mainwebsite/...', NULL, NULL)
#4 /home/mainwebsite/classes/SmartyCustom.php(120): SmartyCustomCore->check_template_invalidation('/home/mainwebsite/...', NULL, NULL)
#5 / in /home/mainwebsite/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 196

I also did a DEBUG PROFILE .... but I didn't really find info that could help me fix the situation .

How can i further debug the issue and find out what the heck is making the website load so slow ??

What could be the problem ?

Thanks !