E-mail template subject translation file not found

Hello,

I'm having an error on Prestashop 1.6.1.7. After installing it on my server and choose Portuguese (Portugal) as default language, when I login on the backoffice and go to Localization > Translations, select E-mail templates and Portuguese as language and click Edit I get an error message: "E-mail Template Subject Translation file not found on /mails/pt/ directory". In portuguese:  "Ficheiro de tradução do Assunto do Email não encontrado em "shop/mails/pt/""

I've tested it several times and it seems to be affecting versions 1.6.1.7 but not 1.6.1.4

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

Check you are not missing the lang.php file in /themes/<your-theme-folder>/mails/pt

If you are missing the lang.php file you can copy from another iso-code directory or try importing translations for pt in back office -> localization -> import pack.

Hi and thanks for your quick reply,

I know that will solve the problem but I don't think I am supposed to do that. The question is why is that file not there?

In version 1.6.1.4 I had lang.php and some TPL files like order_conf_product_list.tpl on that directory and when I install version 1.6.1.7 those files are missing...

Thanks

• 4 months later...

If you wanna send a mail to your costumer an error occurs language file missing by sending the mail from backend in prestashop.

Solution:

1. go to /themes/yourtheme/mails/yourlanguage/lang.php
2. copy the lang.php from step 1 in your root/mails/yourlanguage/

The error occures because the language file is expecting in root/mails, but the language file in prestashop is in /themes/mails/yourlanguage.