Age of Consent / Purchasing Alcohol

peeps54

Hi everyone,

not sure if this is the right place to post this?

I have been asked to add a catagory which contains items which can only be sold to those over 18,

I need a check box with a statement during the ordering process, I cant seem to find anything that fits this

any suggestions, pointers please :~)

/---- Paul

There is no built in feature for this, I'm not sure if anyone has made a similar modification and posted it on the forum (or the French forum).

If you are not a programmer and don't know php / html /smarty, then you probably need to get one to do this for you.

There are a few way to approach this, a couple I can think of are:

1) Add a "thickbox" type page whenever someone visits the category page for the first time, and have them click a button confirming they are over 18.
If they agree, set a cookie so they won't be asked again, if they don't, have another "cancel" button take them to the homepage, or the last page they were on.

2) Make the Birthday mandatory during signup, and if someone didn't sign in, or is under 18, deny access to the category.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I found this comment and I would like to know how can I do this:

"Make the Birthday mandatory during signup, and if someone didn’t sign in, or is under 18, deny REGISTRY"

because I need to be sure that the people registered is not under 18 to avoid problems.

THANKS!