Change text in the Order confirmation page

jkr

Hello
I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.0.

I would like to change a text in the Order confirmation page
I cannot find the text (in the attached translation below) in the order-confirmation.tpl

Thank you for any help

post-424392-0-95716100-1476439518_thumb.png

What text are you expecting there that you can't see?

Thank you for you answer.

I urgently need to change the yellow highlighted text and cannot find the place where to find it.

Thanks a lot. Pls see the attached pic.

post-424392-0-02669700-1476465469_thumb.png

It seems you've already found and translated that text in the screenshot in your first post. Make sure you've selected the right theme when translating that text. If it's still not being translated, try going to Advanced Parameters > Performance and clicking the "Clear cache" button.

In the default PrestaShop v1.6.1.7 theme, it's line 38 of order-confirmation.tpl that contains that text:

<p>{l s='Your order ID is:'} <span class="bold">{$id_order_formatted}</span> . {l s='Your order ID has been sent via email.'}</p>

• Like 1

It seems you've already found and translated that text in the screenshot in your first post. Make sure you've selected the right theme when translating that text. If it's still not being translated, try going to Advanced Parameters > Performance and clicking the "Clear cache" button.

In the default PrestaShop v1.6.1.7 theme, it's line 38 of order-confirmation.tpl that contains that text:
	<p>{l s='Your order ID is:'} <span class="bold">{$id_order_formatted}</span> . {l s='Your order ID has been sent via email.'}</p>

Thank you very much I have found it.

Please now I need to change the variable $id_order_formatted to the variable which displays the  reference order number. Please could you tell me the reference order variable? Please look at the attached file. I have marked the reference order number which I need for the order confirmation page.

Thank you

post-424392-0-10310200-1476539104_thumb.png

Of course. Any changes to a TPL file require it to be recompiled.

It was strange for me to translate the text directly in that TPL file. I have thought I can translate it over Back Office Translation only.

Solved :)  - the problem below was caused by the different character before string.

I have translated the text directly in the code and received following error from order confimation page :mellow:  :

Fatal error: in /www/doc/www.lucieurbankova.com/www/eshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 39

The code is here:

{*
* 2007-2015 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2015 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}

{capture name=path}{l s='Order confirmation'}{/capture}

<h1 class="page-heading">{l s='Order confirmation'}</h1>

{assign var='current_step' value='payment'}
{include file="$tpl_dir./order-steps.tpl"}

{include file="$tpl_dir./errors.tpl"}

{$HOOK_ORDER_CONFIRMATION}
{$HOOK_PAYMENT_RETURN}
{if $is_guest}

<p>{l s=‘Vaše číslo objednávky je:’} <span class="bold">{$reference_order}</span> . {l s=‘Vaše číslo objednávky Vám bylo také zasláno emailem. Vaše dotazy nám posílejte na [email protected]’}</p>
    <p class="cart_navigation exclusive">
	<a class="button-exclusive btn btn-default" href="{$link->getPageLink('guest-tracking', true, NULL, "id_order={$reference_order|urlencode}&email={$email|urlencode}")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Follow my order'}"><i class="icon-chevron-left"></i>{l s='Follow my order'}</a>
    </p>
{else}
<p class="cart_navigation exclusive">
	<a class="button-exclusive btn btn-default" href="{$link->getPageLink('history', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Go to your order history page'}"><i class="icon-chevron-left"></i>{l s='View your order history'}</a>
</p>
{/if}

It is better to translate through the Back Office, but if it's just refusing to work, I guess editing the file directly is your only choice.

Edited by jkr (see edit history)